Thirty Five

Jungkook bit his lower lip nervously, pacing around the room.

Today was the day.

Today was the day that he would sit Hoseok and Yoongi down and confess to them.

This day had taken a longtime, but Jungkook has finally gathered enough courage within himself to confess to them, to tell them how he really felt about them. The two men had made it clear that they cared for the prince, and Jungkook was ready to return their affections, full swing.

He was ready.

All he had to do was wait for Hoseok and Yoongi to come back to their room and he would sit them down and talk to them.

Right now he was pacing around the room, trying to think of the exact words he would say to them, the exact way he would tell them.

Tell them he loved them.

The door finally opened after what seemed like ages…

And Jungkook’s mind went utterly blank.

The young prince stumbled back as if physically hit, unsure of what exactly he was supposed to do now.

He had a whole entire speech planned out!

And now all he could do was stare at their faces, take in their presence. “Jungkookie? Is something wrong?” Hoseok finally asked, seeing how frozen the prince had become.

“U-umm…” Jungkook closed his eyes, taking ni a deep breath. “Can you s-sit down? I...want to talk to y-you. Both of you.”

The two men glanced at each other, but sat down, facing the young prince. “What’s wrong?”

“N-Nothing. Nothing’s wrong. I just...I wanted to talk to you ab...about u-us.”

“Us?” Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yeah.” Jungkook sighed, a small smile playing on his lips. “You guys have taken care of me, helped me a lot,  actually. You’re always there to comfort me and to hold me. You’ve never judged me or anything a-and...I...I just wanted to say that I lo—“

“Yoongi!” Jungkook was cut off by a frantic Jin, running into the room. Hoseok and Yoongi both stood up at attention.

“What’s wrong? Jin Hyung?”

“Taehyung! Taehyung has been injured, and I don’t know what to do—“

“Taehyung?” Hoseok asked quickly. “But wasn’t he the one with Jimin!?”

Horror suddenly grew in Jin’s eyes. His mouth dropped open and he turned, running down the hall. The two men turned to a stunned Jungkook. “Stay here, we’ll talk later.” They both gave Jungkook a quick peck on the cheek before running out.

Jungkook was stunned. So close, he had been so close.

But his brother…

What if someone had taken him?

Jungkook grew panicked and also raced out of his room, running down the halls. He gasped, ducking as a huge wall of fire suddenly burst down the hall, coming for him, an angered roar sounding from the room it had erupted from.

“Find him! I want him now! I don’t care if you have to tear every single home part! Close the gates, nobody gets in or out of this city until he’s found!” Jungkook slowly walked forward, opening the door slowly to find an enraged Namjoon pacing around, Hoseok and Yoongi scrambling around, trying to get their orders across.

Jin sat in a corner, hovering over an unconscious Taehyung. It looked bad. Really bad.

Jungkook stood there, not knowing what to do. “It was Im, I know it.” Namjoon was saying. “He left a note.” Hoseok rushed forward, grabbing the piece of paper that Nsmjoon held out.

“The true heir will come and claim his throne once...again.” Hoseok read aloud, pausing at the end before slowly looking up.

And then everyone noticed Jungkook’s presence. “You.” Namjoon seethed, rushing forward. “You told me you wouldn’t do anything!”

“I-I didn’t—“

“Search his room. I want everything turned inside out.” Namjoon said, grabbing a hold of Jungkook.

“H-Hyung, I didn’t do anything—“

“Shut the fuck up.” Namjoon growled. Jungkook watched as Yoongi and Hoseok rushed out of the room, sparing him a quick glance of pity as Namjoon dragged him out of the room as well, using a different door.

“Hyung! P-please listen to me—“ Jungkook gasped as the hand holding his wrist suddenly went cold. So cold that it burned. Jungkook Held in the scream building in his throat and kept quiet.

He knew where they were going.

But he still gasped in surprise when Namjoon threw him into a cell slamming the door shut. The walls and doors were covered in symbols, symbols that made it impossible to use one’s ability. “Pray they don’t find anything.”

Jungkook felt tear pricking his eyes as he tried to call for the man, but his voice wouldn’t work.

He wanted to scream at the man to listen to him. He wanted to tell him he was innocent, he didn’t do anything.

But he knew they would find the note in his room.

And it would only make everything worse.

-

“Yoongi.” Hoseok breathed out, holding up a book. The said man turned, finding a look of pure betrayal and sadness washing over the man’s features.

“Hoseok? What wrong?” The man didn’t say anything, merely held up the note he’d found in the book. Yoongi took a hold of it and read it. He eyes widened.

“I can’t believe it.” He breathed out.

“He wouldn’t.” Hoseok whispered.

“But the evidence is right here.”