Nine

Jungkook’s POV

I groaned, rubbing my head and looking around. I wasn’t in my room, but I could tell I was in someone’s room. I looked around, but snapped my head towards a voice.

“You are awake.” It was deep, soothing.

I narrowed my eyes, eyeing the figure approaching me.

“Who are you?” I demanded.

“My name is Yoongi. I am the King’s right hand."

“My father didn’t—“

“Your father is dead. Namjoon is king now.” I felt my eyes widen.

“What!?” I flung myself upwards, but the man stopped me. “Do not move.” He growled. I froze, slightly intimidated. “You are only alive because the king did not want his queen to be upset.”

“His...queen?”

“Jimin is to be his wife.”

“Jimin is...a man.”

“We are aware. But he will nonetheless be the queen. And that is the only reason you are alive. But do not push your boundaries, boy.”

I sat down.

“W-What now?”

“You will stay with me, at all times. You are not to be trusted, you are the former heir, after all.”

“O-oh.” I looked down. I fiddled with my fingers. “M-May I see Jimin?”

“Not right now. He is with Namjoon.” I nodded, looking down again. There was an awkward silence. “How old are you?”

“S-seventeen…”

“So you really are a kid.”

“I am not a kid!” I protested. The man merely laughed at me.

“Sure, kid.” I bit my bottom lip and pouted.

“Not a kid.” I muttered again.

Third Person POV

Yoongi saw right through the heir.

He wasn’t some cold person. Some stone hearted male who wooed women with his looks and hid his cruel actions behind a cute smile.

He was a young kid. Scared to disappoint. To mess up.

The weight of the world seemed to be on his shoulders, and even though he was merely a prisoner now, someone who had no responsibility, who wasn’t even a royal anymore...that weight still pressed down on him.

Yoongi felt a bit bad for him.

He’d been deceived by a woman he thought loved him.

He had been in love, only to be revealed the cruel truth of what was actually happening.

He was pressured under his father to be the perfect heir.

He was expected to be the big strong heir.

When really all he was was an innocent boy with wide, doe eyes and a meek demeanor.

Yoongi chuckled lowly, causing the boy to snap his head up at the male. “W-why are you laughing at me?”

“You’re adorable.”

“Am not!” He said defensively, an adorable blush creeping over his features.

“See? Cute.”

“S-Shut up.” Jungkook looked down once again, wrapping his arms around his legs and curling into a ball.