Two

Third Person POV

Jimin got up hesitantly and walked over to the small group of courtiers. They glanced coldly at the princess, then behind her to the guard.

“Who is this, Jimin?” Lisa asked, using a tone that suggested she was higher than the princess.

After all, she was. She was engaged to the heir of the kingdom. She’d be a queen someday. And Jimin would still be the useless, weak princess.

“Ah...he’s my guard, Namjoon Oppa.”

She smiled slyly at the guard, eyeing him up and down. She licked her lips a little. “I am Lisa, and you are?” She asked the guard finally, completely ignoring the fact that Jimin had told her a few moments before.

“My name is Kim Namjoon, I am her highness’ personal guard.”

“Mmm, my guard has recently been insufficient for me. Perhaps you may be mine instead? I am sure no one would want to attack someone such as the princess.”

Jimin flushed in embarrassment at the blatant insult, some of the courtiers behind Lisa snickering.

Jungkook frowned, but didn’t say anything. To him, Lisa was a bit insensitive, but in the end she was a very kind person. He loved her, she was beautiful, kind and smart. And she loved him. At least that’s what he thought.

He wasn’t aware of the men coming in and out of her room most nights.

He also wasn’t aware that she was Jimin’s worst tormentor. Publicly humiliating him and insulting him just to make sure that he knew he was beneath her.

The pond soon came into view and everyone walked around it. It was a popular spot to socialize and talk. Of course, everyone purposefully avoided talking to Jimin, who just silently followed along, a little bit behind the group.

It was beginning to become uneventful in Lisa’s eyes, so she turned to Jungkook with a smile. “I’ll go talk to your sister, Kookie Oppa.” She said sweetly.

“Of course.” Jungkook turned to another courtier as Lisa walked slower to come beside the princess.

“Jimin.” She said flatly once she was out of ear shot of the prince. “You shouldn’t have come, no one wants you here.”

“I-I’m Sorry—aah!” A large splash was heard.

“Jimin!” Lisa cried, instantly pretending.

“What happenned?!” Jungkook asked, running over.

“Oh your sister is so clumsy that she tripped over he feet and fell in!” Lisa said. “Are you okay, Jimin?”

Jimin shivered, feeling tears come to his eyes. She’d pushed him. But he couldn’t say anything, not with how she had Jungkook wrapped around her finger.

He was soaking, and it wasn’t exactly the warmest day of the year. It was nearing winter, and the water was freezing.

Jungkook helped Jimin out of the water. “Namjoon Hyung, can you take Noona back to her room for a warm bath?” He nodded and the others, trying to hold in their laughter, all walked away.

Jimin shivered as a gust of wind blew against his wet skin.

“Are you okay, Jimin?”

“I-I’m f-fine.” Jimin hiccuped out. Not because of the cold. But because he was crying. This would be the only thing he’d hear about tomorrow at court. The clumsy princess and how she tripped over he own feet and fell into the pond.

Weak, useless, and couldn’t even manage grace.

Namjoon suddenly picked the princess up, causing him to gasp.

“O-Oppa—“

“I’ll carry you. It is quite cold out and you are shivering, princess.”

“T-thank you.” He whispered, looking down as they made their way back inside and to Jimin’s room.

It was a smaller room. Not even located in the royal family wing.

A lower courtman’s room.

Another insult.

Just another way to humiliate and outcast the princess. Jimin shut the door behind her, leaving Namjoon alone in the hall.

“Tch.” He muttered under his breath. “These people are all animals.”

Inside the room, Jimin was drawing a bath for himself.

He stripped and got in, feeling his tight muscles relax in the warm water.

After awhile he got out and dressed in a light dress, not planning on going out for the rest of the day.

Jimin opened the door to his room and looked up Namjoon. “Would you like to come inside, Oppa?” Namjoon entered, taking a seat on the chair Jimin motioned for him to sit on. “There’s really no need to stand outside my door. I don’t think a lot of people would want to try and kill a useless princess.”

“You speak very little of yourself, Jimin.”

“Because everyone else speaks so little of me. You can imagine what it does to my self esteem.” Jimin smiled sadly, taking out some paper and a pencil. “I’d like to draw you, Namjoon Oppa, would that be okay?” Namjoon nodded and Jimin began to sketch.

“So people do not like yo because you have no ability.”

“Yes, Basically. I have no ability to call my own, so therefore I am weak and useless to everyone.”

“And you do nothing?”

“There is nothing I can do. If I were to complain, I would simply be called even more weak, for not being able to do anything to stop the abuse, and if I were able to stop it, I would probably be…” Jimin bit his bottom lip, shaking his head. “Never mind, it’s unimportant. Namjoon Oppa, where are you from?”

“Far away.”

“Very descriptive.” Jimin said, nodding. “Family?”

“Dead.”

“O-oh. I’m sorry.”