Thirteen

Third Person POV

Jungkook groaned, rolling over in the bed.

He opened his eyes slowly and sat up.

Then immediately turned and threw up on the floor beside the bed.

He gagged at the taste in his mouth, wiping away the spit falling down his chin.

“Here.” Jungkook turned and saw Hoseok there, holding a glass of water for him. Jungkook took it and drank it gratefully.

“Thanks.”

“How are you feeling?”

“Like I’m about to pass out again.”

“Normal.”

“What happened?”

“The arrow was poisoned.” Hoseok offered. “It scratched you, when you covered Jimin and you collapsed.”

“Oh.”

“Seokjin healed you, so you should feel fine. I don’t think you’ll throw up again, either.”

“Yeah…” Jungkook glanced at the vomit on the floor, packing and turning away. “Sorry about that.”

“I’ll have it cleaned later.” Hoseok offered. “We can move rooms, too.” Jungkook nodded and moved to the other side of the bed, getting up, but nearly collapsing, as his legs didn’t offer him any support.

Hoseok caught him before he could hit the floor.

“Thanks.” The boy muttered.

“You’ll probably be weak for a bit, as the poison probably still lingers a bit in your system.”

Jungkook gasped as Hoseok lifted him into his arms. “Put me down!” He whined.

“You can’t walk, kid.” Hoseok said, rolling his eyes.

“I-I can!”

“Okay, fine.” Hoseok put Jungkook down, who couldn’t even stand on his own as soon as Hoseok let go.

“F-Fine.” He muttered, relaxing as Hoseok picked him up once again.

“You’re lighter than I thought you’d be.” Hoseok commented.

“Would you rather I be heavier?”

“Um...no—you little shit.” Jungkook snickered as Hoseok grunted, trying to move at the now considerably larger Jungkook in his arms. “Go back.” He wheezed out.

Jungkook became normal sized again.

“So you can shift into more than just animals, huh?”

“Anything.” Jungkook said.

“Anything?”

“I prefer animals. But I can shift into other people, objects, even make believe creatures.”

“Really? So...like a dragon or some shit?”

“If I wanted to. I’ve never tried.” Jungkook said, shrugging. “New forms are hard for me, sometimes I loose control. It’s like...training with a new gift every time I take on a new form. Mostly only when it’s living things. More specifically large things,are like a dragon.”

“I see.” Hoseok nodded, taking that information in. “You have quite a useful gift.” Jungkook snorted, looking away.

“Yeah. Useful.” He said with scorn. They fell into an awkward silence, as Hoseok didn’t want to question why the boy suddenly seemed upset.

They made it to the new room and Hoseok placed Jungkook down onto the bed. “How’s Jimin?” Jungkook asked.

“He’s fine. He passed out, I believe, but he wasn’t hurt or anything.”

“And the assassin?”

“I believe Yoongi is currently questioning him.”

“Not Namjoon?”

“Namjoon…” Hoseok sighed. “He sometimes looses control. He can have trouble with his anger at times.”

“Then why am I still alive? Aren’t I a threat to him?” Hoseok snorted.

“You’re favorite form is a bunny, kid. I don’t think you’re much of a threat.”

“Hypothetically I could be. And doesn’t he hate my family. In fact...don’t all of you?” Jungkook said, looking up into Hoseok’s eyes. “You act like an asshole, yet you carry me to a different room, when you could have left me in the other. You didn’t say anything when Yoongi allowed me to use my gift, you still haven’t talked about the fact that I can use my ability freely. You’re being nice, even if you try to hide it. Yet...you hate me?”

“I don’t hate you.” Hoseok admitted. “I did.” Jungkook waited. “All of us have been affected by your father in some way. We all harbored a lot of hate for him. And we hated the rest of his family, too. To us, all of you were just cruel people who only cared about yourselves. And to a point, some of you were. But I think Namjoon changed his mind when he met Jimin.”

“He was nice to Jimin when a lot of people weren’t.”

“He saw that Jimin was suffering just as much as he had. He grew a bit attached. And he knows how much you mean to Jimin.”

“And that’s the only reason I’m alive?”

“At first. It’s true, he does still consider you a threat to some extent, but you’re just some kid who was being used by a siren, trapped in the expectations of your parents. You’re mostly harmless.”

Jungkook’s face fell when Lisa was mentioned.

“L-Lisa...is she still alive?”

“Do you want the truth?” Jungkook nodded.

“She’s dead.” Jungkook nodded, looking away from Hoseok and curling himself into a ball. Tears sting his eyes. “Kid...she was only using you. She was bewitching you—“

“I still loved her.” Jungkook said sadly.

“It wasn’t love—“

“But wasn’t it?” Jungkook said, turning to a Hoseok, tears streaming down his face. “Sh-She’s dead, h-her spell shouldn’t work on me, s-So why does it hurt so m-much? W-will you tell m-me that that’s f-fake, too?”

Hoseok sighed, sitting beside Jungkook. “First loves suck, kid. Especially when they don’t work out.” He said quietly. “But you have to realize that a lot of it was her spell. Even if you felt that way, she certainly didn’t. She was only using you.”

“B-But—“

“Shhh…” Hoseok pulled the prince into his arms, comforting him. “There’s no use in lingering on your feelings for her. You may not think they were false, and I’m sure some of them weren’t, but a lot of them probably were, kid. The best thing would be to move on.”

“H-how?” Hoseok looked down at the kid.

“Well...you could always find someone else.”

“S-Someone else?” Jungkook looked up at Hoseok.

The man leaned down and pressed his lips to the prince’s softly. “Yeah, someone else.” He whispered when he pulled away.