𝙩𝙚𝙣 | she's lying

trigger warning! violence

MELISSA POV

"Olivia!" I yelled into the phone. My blood went cold and I was shaking everywhere.

"Melis-" and with that, the phone cut off.

"FUCK!" I yelled to myself. Billie has done shitty things but killing my best friend? That's fucking low. Anger quickly took over my fear and I ran out of my house.

I got into my car and took out my phone, dialling the police.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Help please! My friend's name is Olivia and she is being murdered right now please!"

"Ok I need you to slow down and breathe. Where are you right now?"

"I'm about the drive to her house but she is at this address"

I told them Billie's address, nearly dropping my phone because of how sweaty my hands were.

As soon as the call ended, I headed straight to Billie's house, not caring about the speed limit. She could me laying dead right on Billie's floor right now.

What shocked me the most was the fact that she thought Olivia had feelings for me. Where the fuck did she come up with a conclusion like that? Why is she so obsessed with me? Why can't she let me go? Why can't she see I am not the one to put up with her type of 'love' anymore?

It made me think. Why was I dragged into this? My life was great before I met Billie. If I called the police earlier and didn't stick my head up Billie's crazy ass, Olivia wouldn't have to suffer like this. Or maybe if I wasn't at the stupid club in the first place. Just thinking about what I could've done made me even angrier at myself.

I finally arrived at the front of her house. I immediately saw police cars and ambulances.

I jumped out of my car and slammed the door shut, storming up to Billie's house. However when I entered, I saw a policeman comforting her whilst she was sobbing into her hands.

What the fuck?

I walked up to her with confusion and total rage.

"Melissa! You won't believe it!" Billie exclaimed. She ran in to give me a tight hug and sobbed on my shoulder.

I angrily pushed her away from me, breaking the hug. "Would someone care to tell me what the fuck is going on?" I shouted.

"You are Melissa right?" one of the policemen asked me.

"Yes I am now where is Olivia? Tell me where she is!"

"I need you to calm down. Your friend wasn't murdered, it was a suicide."

My eyes widened in disbelief. I snapped my head back to Billie who was still fake sobbing. At that moment, all I saw was red.

"That can't be true! It can't! She killed her!" I pointed my finger to Billie.

"No I didn't! I would never!" Billie shot back.