five

i frowned my nose, looking at the practically blank canvas to think for a moment. i hadn't paint in a while, and today i decided to do it. however, i wasn't having any idea, my mind only being able to remember last night when david asked me to come over and me, him, natalie and matt stayed up all night watching movies and talking. i couldn't stop thinking about the way david's hand grazed my arm as he laughed about a joke i made. or the way he looked at me when i was choosing the next movie. or the way he kissed my cheek before i left his house.

i shook my head, bitting my bottom lip. i decided to turn the volume up, the song playing through my whole loft. i tried painting the view from my balcony, and, right now, i was re ally focused on the painting, but then, suddenly, someone opened my door. i almost fell from the stool, the brush escaping from my fingers and landing on my floor. "what the fuck?" i asked zac when he stepped in.

i stopped the music as he laid down on my couch, salem was quick to lay on top of his chest, like it wasn't nothing. "you always leave the door open, i heard the loud music so i knew you weren't going to listen me knocking." he explained.

i stood up and started to pack my things, folding the plastic that i left underneath so i wouldn't stain my floor. "yeah, but what are you doing here? it's sunday, your relaxing day or something like that."

"i just want to know what the hell was that?" i frowned, not understanding his words. "you and david hanging out all night yesterday?"

"oh," i let out. "me, him, matt and natalie were all just watching a movie." i explained. "is there a problem?"

"just you hanging out with cute butt, like, a lot." he shot me a glare.

"i don't know what you're talking about." i responded quickly.

"what? you thought i forgot about our bet?" he smirked.

"i wish i did." i rolled my eyes, sitting down on top of his legs.

"shut up." he put them on top of my lap. "you like him, don't you?"

i took a deep breath. "no, zac, i don't like and i won't like him, because," i shot him a glare, speaking very slowly so he could understand. "he is not my type!"

"i'm not dumb, remember." zac shrugged. i pursed my lips and stopped talking, knowing that i was probably going to say something i was going to regret after. "what were you painting?" he asked out of nowhere.

"what?" i turned my head to him. "oh, just my view, it didn't work, because you scared the shit out of me and i decided to stop." i explained and my phone buzzed on the coffee table. i leaned in to look at it.

matt💛: are u home?

angie👼: yeah, with zac
tell me you're coming over
i can't handle him alone

matt💛: on my way

"matt's coming." i put my phone down. "see, it's really cool to let people know you're coming." i shot him a glare.

zac rolled his eyes and pushed me to lay down beside him. he put his arms around my shoulder and turned the tv on while i was slowly rubbing behind salem's ear, just waiting for matt to arrive.

___