two

i frowned my eyebrows as my fingers were gently touching the piano in front of me, not daring to start playing it, though. matt was sitting behind me on the couch, drinking something as he read one random book. we were really intimate, but i wasn't confident enough to let him hear me trying to come up with a melody, which was what i wanted to do in that moment. i needed time and focus when i usually did it, and i certainly hadn't, feeling his presence. i sighed, resting my hands on my thighs, feeling a little bit disappointed, almost kicking my best friend out. "if you tell me you feel embarrassed i will get up and slam your head against this keyboard." matt said, his voice making me jump a little in surprise. 

"rude." i murmured, pressing one key abruptly, the sound echoing through the small room, probably scaring the blonde guy, as i heard him gasp a little. i chuckled, shaking my head as i started to play one of keaton henson's songs, softly pressing my digits against the keys. i closed my eyes just for one second, feeling the song and the vibration running through my body. that was what i adored the most about playing, it makes me feel a little more alive, like i could give my all just by sitting there on that little bench.

i suddenly stopped in the middle of the song, feeling myself too far gone from my own apartment. "you know," he started and i heard him closing the book, making me turn around to pay attention. "i've never felt more in peace." i smiled, watching him seating there, his feet gently resting on the coffee table, with his beautiful blue eyes staring at me, and salem laying on top of his lap.

i shrugged, turning around again, putting on my slides that i took off to play before standing up. i stretched my body, a little groan leaving my lips. "i'm hungry." i went to the fridge and opened it, looking for something eatable at the moment. i bit my bottom lip and leaned in, deciding to go shopping later as i grabbed the almost empty orange juice.

"hey angie," matt called me, grabbing my attention as i turned on my heels to look at him one more time. "i was thinking..." he trailed off, an excited — but hesitant, look on his face. "do you want to meet some of my friends? i mean... i feel like...." he couldn't even finish his sentence, but i already knew what he meant.

"you feel like i need more friends, right?" i went straight ahead and he blushed. i didn't mind, we talked about that, him saying that i moved here a while and didn't try to bond with anyone. but i always avoided meeting everyone because i felt out of place with my shyness, knowing that all of his friends were all very open. i already met zane, carly, erin, heath, mariah and mike. they were all nice, but i couldn't help the uneasy feeling i felt as they all shared stories even more crazier than the ones matt told me. "they can't be that bad." i shrugged a little again. i was avoiding this for a long time now, so i guessed i wouldn't get away this time.

the excitement took over as a big smile spread across his face. "really?"

"i mean, they all seem nice, but you know me," i gave him an warning glance, as i played with the bottle still in my hands. "i really want to, but i feel like i can't." the words left my mouth in a whisper.

"what do you mean?" matt frowned a little bit and i shrugged, grabbing one cup to drink the rest of the juice. "you already know part of them."

i sighed, turning around so i could not face him as i spoke. "it's just... weird, i mean, i'm not the easiest person to get along and to make friends." i leaned against the counter, blushing, even though he wasn't seeing my face.

"don't think it's easy for anyone in this world. meeting new people it's hard, we all know it. besides, i can assure you that they will love you." i heard as he got up from the couch and felt his presence even more closer to my body. i turned around for the second time, meeting his pretty blue eyes.