A/N SIDENOTE

HI! If you're here, I feel it's safe to assume that you may have come from my first rendition of this story. I wrote it when I was 13, and probably thought it was amazing at the time.

Yeah, now I hate it with a burning passion. All I was wanting to write in 2016 were diary-style stories, and I can't do that well, even to this day. I attempted to introduce far too much in a short span of time and wasn't sure where to keep going by the end.

That's not to say that I have a clear picture of what I'm doing now, as I don't. I mean, nothing I write ever comes with an idea of a plot, just a few scenes and a starting point. 

The reason I have revisited this story is that... well, I don't really have anything better to do at the moment. I've been super inspired to write, but I haven't been able to build characters that I like or find a decent foothold. And then I started reading some of my old work. Now, a little over a year ago, I tried to re-write the first part to the old Love at a Price, and I liked it a lot better. I guess that's understandable seeing as I was older and learning more about writing. No, I don't know everything to know, and yes I still struggle. I'm not promising amazing work, just better and something I can be prouder of. 

I feel a little weird posting on WattPad again, seeing as all of my recent writing has been purely personal. And I'm not sure how many people will see this, seeing as Girl Meets World ended, like, two and a half years ago.

I can tell you that I have actually done more research (which is easy, seeing as I did none last time) and that I feel happier about how I've developed the characters so far. I am still in the early stages of writing, but I do hope that you'll enjoy these next two parts I've posted in the meantime.

Please feel free to offer criticism and corrections, and I would love to know your thoughts as you continue to read on, assuming that you do.

As a note, I am Australian, so if there are any spelling differences (like colour/color), that's why. I have used 'Mom' instead of 'Mum', seeing as the characters are American, but that's really as far as my personal changes go. I also don't fully understand the layout of New York seeing as I barely understand Australian geography, so if you'd like to offer any suggestions for improvements, I would appreciate it.

Also, if you have read all of this, thank you! Thanks for deciding to give my fic a chance.

- E.J

03.07.19