Chapter 1

"Caitlin I'm off to work now" my roommate Vince yelled.

"Yep ok see you later, remember I have a job interview today so wish me luck" I called back.

"Ok good luck though you won't need it, when I get off we can go celebrate" I knew that was coming, Vince was the big partier and always something to celebrate, Vince has been my best friend now for six years, we met in group therapy, we are so close that a lot of people including our parent thought we were an item but no, no way no how, not ever.

I jumped in the shower and got ready for my interview. Pulling things out of my closet I decided on a grey pencil skirt, grey blazer and white blouse. OK too many dull colours going on here so I matched the outfit with my red five inch pumps, put my waist length, blonde hair in a high pony tail and applied light make-up with red lipstick to top it off. I'm nervous as hell.

Looking at the clock in my room I realised I only had 30 minutes to get to my interview. I glanced in the mirror, grabbed my handbag and I was off. I hopped into my red fiat punto and made my way to the office building I hope I will be working in.

Pulling up to the huge building twenty five minutes later I got out of my car, walked into the lobby and to the front desk to find an attractive brunette talking on the phone, caked in make-up with breasts popping out the top of her blouse, yep that looks so professional.

"Excuse me, I am here for the interview for the new secretary".

Holding up one manicured finger she told me to wait a moment and carried on the conversation to whomever was on the other line. After waiting five minutes and listening to her talk about her weekend I had had enough, I took the phone out of her hand slamming it down on the receiver.

"You can't do that, how dare you?" she shouted at me red faced.

"I have been listening to you talk on the phone about your weekend for the past five minutes, I have an interview to get to which I am now late for thanks to you and your unprofessional-ism, now do your job and tell me where to go"

"Name?" she asked clearly irritated.

"Caitlin Moore"

"Ok miss Moore, take the elevator over there to the sixty fifth floor and the receptionist there will meet you"

Without replying I make my way to the bank of elevators pushing the up button and waiting impatiently. Finally the ding was heard and the door opened, the were empty and I hoped no-one would get on so I could go straight up, pushing the button to the top floor the doors closed and to my luck it stopped at almost every floor, this is just great my day can't get any worse.

Arriving on the top floor a whole fifteen minutes late I made my way to the reception to find another fake Barbie wannabe, is this place full of them?

"Excuse me I'm here for the interview for the new secretary"

"oh yes, you must be miss Moore , if you would take a seat Mr Callahan will be right with you".

Ok well at least she seems friendlier than the last. With a quick thank you I made my way to the waiting area, I just lowered myself onto the seat when the secretary came to me,

"Miss Moore, Mr Callahan will see you know".

Thank you ......."

"Just call me Suzy" she smiled.

"Thank you Suzy"

Walking towards the office all my nervousness from this morning washed away. I pushed the door open at the same time some-one pulled from inside, I stumbled a bit but managed to pull myself together before falling on my butt, straightening my skirt I looked up to be met with the most captivating blue eyes I had ever seen, I scanned the man's face, chiselled cheek bones, straight nose, clean shaven, he had light brown hair with that messy bedhead look going on and it suited him so well, he was amazingly gorgeous, I looked over his attire and he was wearing what looked like a black Armani 3 piece suit, wow is all that went through my mind.