Best friend letter

"Hey, Alex," I said when I saw Alex Fierro in the Floor 19 hallway.

"What's up, Mags?" Alex said, turning to look at me. Female, I immediately thought.

"I wrote you a best friend letter, it's in my room. I was planning on giving it to you tonight during dinner, but I didn't see you there. When I came back up, I couldn't find you either, so I just left it in my room while I went to TJ's room to play video games," I spat all at once.

"Wait, a what?" she asked. "A best friend letter," I answered. "You know, telling you that I love and appreciate you." I blushed.

"But we're dating, so all that is pretty obvious," she said. "Yeah, I know," I shrugged. "I just wanted to tell you why."

"Oh," is all she said. I was starting to regret everything, but suddenly, she smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"You're such an idiot, Magnus. I love it."

I blushed. Hard. "Well, if you wrote me a letter, I think it's only fair for me to write one for you as well," she said. "Oh uh, that's not necessary." I assured. "Oh, but I want to!" She said, a little excited, which was kind of weird for her. "Um, okay," I said. "Great! I'll go to my room and write while you go get my letter from your room," she planned.

"Alright," I agreed before she went off into her room.

I quickly opened the door to my own room and slipped inside. Jack immediately came at me, saying, "Ouu, Señor, I see you're all smitten."

"Shut up," I told him, but of course, he took that as an invitation to speak more.

"You know, this reminds me of one time when I met this beautiful sword. Her blade was four feet long, her color a gorgeous bronze. I immediately fell in love." He said dreamily.

"Oh yeah, what happened to her?" I asked. "Not sure," he admitted, "I never saw her again." I tried not to laugh at the terrible love story. "I'm sure she loved you too, Jack." I said. "Oh, of course she did! I mean, look at me. I'm she sword of summer." He said, like the diva that he is.

I rolled my eyes and headed towards the living room. I had left Alex's letter on the coffee table. I picked it up, read it one more time, and went back into the hallway, heading straight towards Alex's room.

"There you are," she said when I came in. "Here you go," I said, handing her the letter I'd written for her. "Thank you, and here you go." She gave me her letter that she'd managed to write and put in an envelope in under seven minutes. We sat on her bed.

I smiled at her, and she frantically urged me with her eyes to open the envelope. I did, and immediately I knew why it had taken her such a short amount of time to get it ready for me.

Only one sentence was on the paper that was inside the envelope:

Fuck you with all my heart :)

-Alex

I laughed. She smiled. Those were perfect Alex words.

"You're an idiot." I told her, grinning. "Not more of an idiot than you, that's for sure. I mean, a best friend letter? Who the hell thinks of that? Apart from you, of course." She rolled her eyes with a huge smile on her face.

I blushed again. "I- I just wanted to be a nice boyfriend." I said, a little embarrassed.

"You fucker," she said, and kissed me. "You want me to like you more? I think that's impossible, but I see you're really making an effort." Another kiss, with her hands in my hair.

"Give me that letter," she said, smiling.

She had put it down between us, so I picked it up and gave it to her once again. She opened it and started reading.

After a few minutes, she- no, he; I could somehow tell his gender had changed- was done reading, and he set the paper down, tears in his eyes.

"Did you like it?" I asked a bit shyly.

A kiss was his response.

————————————————————
Words: 711

I wrote my sister a best friend letter, which gave me the idea to make this. Also, sorry you don't get to see Mag's letter to Alex, I feel like that's private 😗
But I will say that it was sweet, contained a lot of inside jokes, and included a drawing of their intertwined hands :)