Basically I'm Gay

Magnus's PoV

About two hours past noon on June 13th, 2019, I heard a scream coming from the room across the hall. I immediately knew it was Alex Fierro, so I ran over there to see what was up.

I opened Alex's door and closed it behind me. When I saw Alex, I knew he was male. And I knew there wasn't anything wrong, he was actually... excited.

"Alex? What's up?" I asked. "DAN HOWELL UPLOADED, OH MY GODS." He yelled.

I recalled one night I had spent with Alex watching Dan and Phil videos on YouTube. I hadn't kept up much, but I would watch their old gaming videos once in a while if it was of them playing a game I knew.

"Oh, really? Last time you mentioned Dan hadn't uploaded in almost a year, didn't you?"

"Yeah, he hadn't. I guess the entire time he was planning this." He showed me his phone. The thumbnail was a frame of Dan in a sparkly jacket, in front of a black background.

The title read Basically I'm gay.

"Woah, it's a coming out video?" I asked. "Apparently," Alex squealed.

"That's so brave of him," I noted. "I know," Alex agreed.

"Wanna watch it with me?" He said in an urgent tone. "Sure, I'd love to." I smiled.

We sat down on Alex's bed, where he got his laptops from his nightstand, deciding it was better to watch it on a bigger screen, and pulled up the video. He clicked it, and after the ad was over, the video started. I was intrigued immediately.

The video was a 45-minute masterpiece. It was in chapters, describing each part of Dan's life that were important to him and his identity. It had changing colorful lights, amazing humor, great illustrations. It was absolutely perfect.

When it was done, Alex looked at me, tears in his eyes, and said, "Woah."

I could only imagine what it was like for him, he had been a fan of him and Phil for so long. He truly looked up to both of them.

"He really is so fucking brave," he said.

————————————————————
Words: 355

I started this like a day after Dan uploaded his video, but I never continued. I decided to pick it back up the other day because Dan and his video/story mean so much to me and so many other people as well.