Movie night (pt. 2 to cover up, butter cup)

Maggie and Alex are not dating in this scene either.

Alex's PoV

I'd half expected Magnus to say no when I asked him to watch a movie with me. I thought maybe he wouldn't want to and he would have to come up with some lame excuse that I'd be able to see right through, but that's not what happened.

He said yes. No, he said he'd love to.

I left his room full of energy. I couldn't wait until later that night.

I went across the hall to my room, and threw myself on the bed as I sighed happily. I was so ready to watch a movie with Magnus Chase.

~

I had decided to take a shower before Magnus came over. I also cleaned my room a bit so it didn't look like Halfborn was living there.

I pulled on some fluffy, pink shorts with white hearts on them and a baggy, green Valhalla shirt. I was just placing some snacks on the coffee table in the living room when I heard a knock on the door.

"Coming," I yelled. I went over and opened a door, revealing a Magnus in Captain America pajamas. I guessed he had either had his long, blonde hair tied or he'd taken another shower 'cause his hair was still a bit damp, just like mine.

I giggled. "Why not Thor or something? I mean, look where we are."

He smiled. "Have you met the guy? No way I'm wearing something related to him, even if it's his more attractive movie version. Plus, he would probably brag about it, and he's not even the one in the movies. I mean, he's not even represented correctly."

"Yeah, you're right, we don't want to give that bastard more credit than he deserves. And the amount he deserves is probably at about negative 27. But, hey, at least he's not Loki."

Magnus laughed a bit and then stopped to look into my eyes. I guess he could see the disappointment in them.

He stepped inside and said, "woah," as he saw what I'd prepared for us.

He saw the nachos that were next to the popcorn and sodas and immediately scooped up some cheese with his finger and ate it. He hummed happily as he felt the hot, gooey substance spread across his tongue. Then he went over to the tons of candy I had left out for us: Sour Punch, Reese's peanut butter cups, Smarties, etc.

"Alex, this is awesome. I thought you meant just watching a movie while eating some hard candy or something. But this is so much better. Thank you." he smiled at me, his eyes twinkling.

"It was nothing, really." I said a bit shyly. I hated, yet loved, when Magnus complimented me or approved of what I did. I loved it for obvious reason, but I hated it because it made me a bit embarrassed, which rarely happens to me.

"Nothing?" he scoffed. "What I do is nothing. This... this is amazing."

I was pretty sure I was blushing like crazy at that point, so I was glad I had dimmed the lights beforehand.

He sat down on the couch and made himself comfortable. I did the same, making sure there was an appropriate amount of space between us, yet still not being too far away from him. He pulled the blanket on top of us. I was very aware of the fact that our bodies were sharing the same enclosed space, the same heat. My skin tingled.