Chapter 7 | "What brothers are for"

Note: sorry this is a really short chapter, I just needed to publish it so people wouldn't freak out lol. Enjoy.

Setting: Chloe's apartment

Amenadiel's POV

The angel sadly looked through the window. Chloe was dead. Dead. He had to do something about that.

Amenadiel knew if Chloe stayed dead, it would shatter Lucifer's heart completely, and leave him in despair his entire endless life. He couldn't let his brother suffer like that. He couldn't let Trixie suffer like that either. She'd pretty much be an orphan unless Dan or Lucifer took care of her. He just couldn't let that happen. He had to fix it. And he had to act fast before it was too late.

The angel unfurled his wings and disappeared with a whoosh.

Lucifer's POV

Lucifer looked at Dromos and stood up as his eyes turned red. He breathed heavily with anger and picked up the demon by his neck. "WHY DID YOU DO THIS?" he screamed, as his eyes blazed red with fury. "WHY?" He dropped Dromos to the ground and put his foot on his chest to keep him from moving. "Y-you will be punished."

"Is that so?" The demon laughed slightly. "You know I did this to punish you."

"Shut up." Lucifer snarled. "SHUT UP!" Dark red webbed devil wings suddenly sprouted from his back. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOSE YOUR SOULMATE?" his face began to turn dark red and crisp. "NO! YOU DON'T, BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER HAD ONE!"

Trixie looked up, confused what was going on. "Lucifer?"

The Devil turned his head to look at the child.

Trixie's eyes went wide. "Y-you're really The Devil..." she looked at his wings and devil face.

"What..." Lucifer felt his face and realized. "Oh—bloody hell... I know you're scared, child. Go run away in terror. GO! I'm a monster. This is all my fault. IT'S MY FAULT!" he looked back at Dromos. "THE DEVIL MADE YOU DO IT, RIGHT? I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS? WHO KNOWS I COUD BE MANIPULATING DEMONS AS WELL! I'M THE DEVIL! I'M EVIL! CHLOE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF ME, ISN'T SHE?" 

Lucifer's entire body turned dark red. He picked up the demon by his neck and threw him with so much force he flew right through the window, shattering glass everywhere, and about a mile farther. "I'M SICK OF THIS! I'M SICK OF EARTH! YOU WANT ME TO GO BACK HOME, DROMOS? I'LL GO WILLINGLY!" 

Trixie slowly walked over to Lucifer, quivering slightly. "It's not your fault."

Lucifer looked at her. "How do you know what's my fault and what's not?"

"She's right. The Devil has no control over humanity nor demons." Amenadiel appeared in the room with a whoosh. "This is Dromos's fault, not yours." He folded his wings and walked over to Lucifer. "You're not evil, you punish evil."

The Devil looked at his brother, as his skin began to turn normal and his wings disappeared.

Suddenly Chloe woke with a gasp. 

Lucifer looked over at her. "Detective?" 

Chloe looked around in confusion. "I'm alive?"

"DETECTIVE!" Lucifer bolted towards her.

"Mommy!" Trixie raced over to her with Lucifer.

Lucifer over at his brother. "You... you revived her."

Amenadiel nodded with a slight smile. "That's what brothers are for."

The Devil stood up and put his hand on his brother's shoulder. "Thank you."