Chapter 3 | "The King of Hell"

Setting: Doctor Linda's Office

Chloe's POV

Chloe knocked on the door as Linda opened it. 

"Chloe? I um—wasn't expecting you."

"Yeah I know... I just... I need to talk to someone..."

Linda nodded. 

"Someone who... understands."

"Alright... have a seat."

Chloe sat on the couch.

"So... what's going on?" Linda asked her politely.

"Lucifer recently... uh—returned to Hell.."

"Wait, WHAT?" The therapist hastily stood up from her chair. 

Chloe nodded as tears formed in her eyes. "And he's—he's not coming back—e-ever.."

"You don't know that, he could come back anytime! He's the King of Hell for crying out loud. He can choose when to come back!"

"But—he doesn't lie, Linda!"

They both looked at each other in silence.

"Wait... he told you specifically he won't ever come back?"

"Well he—gave the impression..."

"That's not enough to prove anything."

"I saw the look in his eyes! I've never seen him look so worried and... sad.. since... his brother died..." Chloe looked down and buried her face into her hands.

"Chloe." Linda walked over to the disheartened detective and laid her hand on her shoulder. "You're the only person who knows Lucifer the most, so I want you to tell me, do you believe he would come back to you?"

Chloe looked up at Linda and nodded slowly. "But—but I still d-don't know!"

"If Lucifer truly cares about you, would you really think he'd just abandon you?"

"He didn't abandon me! He was just trying to protect me! Those demons would of came back to possibly kill me if he didn't go!"

Linda sighed and nodded. "You know him better than I do."

Chloe nodded.

"But I do know, Lucifer doesn't just leave the people he cares about. Especially you, Chloe. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to contain the demons and be able to return to Earth."

"I hope so." Chloe looked at Linda sadly and stood up.

"Stay positive." 

The detective nodded and walked out of the door.

Setting: Precinct

Still Chloe's POV

Chloe breathed deeply and walked over to her desk. "Just stay positive..."

"Hey, Chloe." Dan walked over to her. "Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all. I'm totally fine. Yeah." 

Dan narrowed his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Totally. Couldn't be better."

The detective nodded hesitantly. "Right... and where's Lucifer?"

"Uh yeah he's—somewhere... did you find anything helpful for the case?"

Dan gave her a look and then nodded. "Uh.. yeah actually—"

"Great. Spit it out then."

"...right. So it turns out our lead suspect was found dead this morning."