Chapter 4 | "The Truth"

Note: I know I published this chapter super early, but I've been working on it like crazy and I wanted to go ahead and write it so I didn't lose my ideas later on. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks :)

5 weeks later

Setting: skies of Los Angeles

Amenadiel's POV

Amenadiel flew across the city, searching for his son. He's been missing for weeks now, and it really vexed him. At this point he thought he should just put out a missing angel baby poster. But then again, that would draw humanity's attention to divinity. That wouldn't end well.

Suddenly he noticed something flying beneath him. He assumed it was just a bird, and continued to search. But the strange thing flew closer to him and he then realized it was Charlie. He didn't find Charlie, Charlie found him!

"Charlie!" Amenadiel smiled at his son. "Where on earth have you been this whole time?"

The half-angel baby laughed and flew away from his dad, gliding through the clouds.

Amenadiel followed him and picked him up in the air. "I suppose angels do need to fly around every once in a while." He grinned and dropped his son.

Charlie flapped his wings and kept himself in the air.

"Is this what you've been doing for weeks and weeks? Just flying around everywhere?"

Charlie giggled at his dad and dived down.

Amenadiel flew after him.

They landed on top of a building and Amenadiel picked up the half-angel baby. "You little rascal." He folded his wings, and to his surprise Charlie did the same. "Alright, time to go back home."

Meanwhile

Setting: Precinct

Chloe's POV

Chloe sat at her desk again, working on a new case. Another normal boring day.

Dan walked over to her. "Hey Chloe, I um...I found something."

"Great."

"So, apparently he was at his house during the time she was murdered."

"Mhm.. so this means he's innocent."

"Yep. So I'll just go talk to him and see if he knows anything else."

"K."

Dan walked away towards the interrogation room.

"Detective!"

Chloe froze, and her heart skipped a beat. Did she just hear Lucifer's voice or was it her imagination? She turned her chair around and she saw Lucifer, in his normal everyday suit and his dark hair in it's combed back style. His dark brown eyes glinting in the light. It was him. 

Chloe stood up from her chair and immediately hugged him tighter than she thought she was capable of doing.

Surprisingly, Lucifer hugged her back without any hesitation, but much softer. "D-det-ective, are you—trying to—k-kill—me?" He laughed slightly.

Chloe loosened her grip, but didn't stop hugging him. Her blue eyes filled with tears and she sobbed uncontrollably.

"No need to cry detective, it's not like I died, or anything." The Devil joked, laughing at his own words.

Chloe buried her face into her partner's shoulder and continued to sob.

"Detective, please don't cry."