Chapter 27

Erik got up the bed not hiding his nakedness. Roan just got out of the bathroom, newly showered. Her hair wrapped around with a towel only wearing her robe.

"Hoy, mister! Not ashamed to hide anything huh?" she teased him.

She sat infront of her dresser and took the towel off her hair, her long hair out.

"Why would I hon? You don't like to look at my sexy bod anymore?" he pouted his lips and pretended hurt, he picked up the pillow and pretended to cover himself up.

Roan chuckled.

"Hahaha! Ikaw talaga! I can feast my eyes on you the whole day, hindi ako magsasawa," she said to him trying to appease him.

Laughing, he threw the pillow on her and quickly went inside the bathroom

Roan shook her head laughing, she is glad Erik followed her, especially with Joaquin telling her that he likes her- she doesn't need any complications with her happy and contented life.

She brushed her hair and took the robe off, they are supposed to meet Joaquin and Antoine for dinner.

They have time though, time to catch up with Erik.

-o-o-o-o

Joaquin was inside the Cafes des 2 Moulins or also known as Amelie's cafe. It is the cafe used to film the french movie Amelie starring Audrey Tatou. Located in Montmartre on the intersection of Rue Lepic and Rue Cauchois within a short distance of Moulin de la Gallette. A cafe easily recognizable with its vivid red awning.

He ordered a creme brulee and still water while waiting.

He looked at his watch, it was quarter after two. They agreed to meet up at three o'clock. He wanted to meeting to be quick as he needs to go back to his apartment, take a quick shower and fetch Antoine at his place for their dinner with Roan and Erik.

He smiled bitterly. He wasn't expecting Erik to be in Paris right now. 

It made their plan more difficult to execute.

The waiter brought him his creme brulee and water.

"Voila!" he said.

"Merci," he said to the young French waiter.

He took his phone out and sent a message.

WHERE ARE YOU?

He put his phone back in his jacket pocket and cracked it with a spoon and started eating the creme brulee. It was delicious as always. He loved coming here, a nice little cafe and although a lot of tourist comes here to take photos of the place because of the movie, he still likes its ambience alone. It is a littly pricey, but he only comes here every once and a while. 

His phone vibrated, he opened the message.

COMING, patience.

He smiled. He has been like this the longest time he knew him.

He was on his last bite of the dessert, when he finally came.

He stood up and gave him a quick hug. They are almost the same height. He was easily a 6 footer. They almost look like brothers, although they are not. They are cousins.

"What took you so long?" he asks him.

"Traffic,' he simply said.

Joaquin chuckled.

"Bullshit. The metro doesn't have any traffic, don't tell me you drove?" he asked.

"Nope, I was just kidding. I walked.I needed the exercise."

"You still liked walking huh? Haven't changed one bit."

"So, why did you want to meet suddenly? Anything new?" he asked.

"Yes, we have a big problem. Erik followed her here."

"Fuck! I thought he has governmental duties in the Philippines, what is he doing here?"

"Beats me. By the looks of it, he missed his wife- I saw him earlier."

"Does he know you?"

"I doubt it. We haven't met before. Does he know you?" he asked him back.

He shook his head. His phone buzzed.

He answered it.

"Yes, Marie? No, I will see you tomorrow. Right. Just email me the file please. Thank you," and he ended the call. It was his assistant.

"So, what's our plan now Paul? Am I doing it or are you?" Joaquin asked.

Paul shook his head. He is not sure about Joaquin, he knows he can trust him but he doubts if he can do anything much. He already told him that Roan outrightly told him off. That's not good.

His plan B seem to be getting more feasible. He will do it.

"Ok, you can back off her. I think I will do it myself. Better from a total stranger right?" he said calmly. 

Joaquin agreed. He knows how much Paul wanted this done, he was trying to avenge his sister. He doesn't think it's right. But blood is thicker than water. Sometimes, you don't see reason when you love selflessly. You don't see it wrong, you don't question it. Although sometimes, deep within you, you know it's not the right thing to do- but because you think it will make someone you love happy- you still do it, whatever the cost. Regardless if someone else is going to suffer- get hurt.

Joaquin gave him Roan's information, her address in Paris, her phone number and a small photo of her.

Paul looked at the photo. This is the first time he is seeing the center of his plan. 

She looks beautiful in a simple yet elegant way. She has a certain calmness in her, he thought. Even not smiling, she has that certain happiness in her aura.

He shook off the thoughts flooding inside him, he can't be distracted. Looks can be deceiving. And he is not one to be deceived.

He thanked Joaquin. He told him to finish off his gig in Paris and he can go back to London.

Paul is two years older than Joaquin, that makes him 30 years old. 

He stood up and said goodbye to Joaquin. He said he might show up around the area where they are having dinner. Just to see Roan and Erik in person- from afar. He wants to see how they are- how she is in person.

*******************************************************************************************************

 A/N: Sorry guys, no round two yet haha. Coming though..

Btw, to make each update fun, please comment and vote! Thanks a lot.

Also, who do you think is a good actor for Joaquin and Paul's role? 

Share your ideas please.Thanks.