Chapter 20

Manila,Philippines

Erik missed Roan so much and it has only been three days since she left. He closed his eyes trying to sleep but he can’t. It’s almost eleven in the evening, the kids are sleeping- his mother-in-law put them to bed earlier. She is staying with them while Roan is away for her fashion show.

He regretted not going with her – but he has obligations at the congress and he can’t leave just like that.

He sat up and took the framed picture of him and Roan together. He loves her so much. He only wished she’s right next to him now.

He puts the picture frame down and picked up his cellphone, she texted him a while ago before he thought he will be sleeping but now he can’t sleep.

Hi hon? Busy? Can’t sleep coz I miss u.

He hit the send button.

He waited for her reply….which seem ages to him. She should be awake , it’s around 4 in the afternoon in
Paris.

Suddenly he heard his phone buzz, he read the message- it was from Roan.

miss u too hon. Wrapping up practice.off to d apt soon.call u?

He replied:

I’m glad. Yes text me when you’re home. I love u.

Sent.

He lays down again and closes his eyes.

He won’t be able to sleep well tonight, the possibility of him following Roan in Paris is getting brighter by the minute he is missing her.

His phone buzzed.

From Roan:

just got home. Will shower and call you after k?

He smiled as he types his reply:

Miss you much. Can I join you in the shower?  love you

Sent.

He waited for her reply.

He heard his phone buzzed again.

From Roan:

Pilyo! I wish! :-p love you.call you soon. I wanna hear your voice love!

Erik smiled reading her reply. He is on his naughty mood teasing Roan.

He turned the tv on and started flipping the channels.

He can watch tv while waiting for Roan’s call.

——
After what seem to be twenty long minutes, his phone rings.

Erik excitedly picked it up:

“I missed you so much hon…”

He was still about to say more things to Roan but he heard a laugh on the other line- not Roan’s voice.

“C-Cassandra?” Erik asked.

His blood pressure is going up, firstly he was so excited to talk to Roan and she’s the only one he is expecting, second- he is wondering how Cassandra found out about his phone number and thirdly he doesn’t want to talk to her ever.

“Kumusta ka na Erik?” she asked with a little chuckle.

“I’m good, who gave you my number and what do you want?” he doesn’t want to talk to her after all the things she did in the past but he is at the same time curious why she is calling him .

“I don’t mean any trouble Erik, I just wanted to say sorry again- is all.”

He is not convinced about what he is hearing but to end the conversation he just said: