Chapter 19

After a generous thought about the Paris invitation, Roan decided to accept it with Erik’s approval of course and with the knowledge that the kids will be okay with Erik and her parents and her in-laws. They all agreed to make sure the kids are fine and they told her she needed time for herself and this is it. Se feels guilty about being away from

Erik especially the kids but at the same time she needed the break from her hectic life being a full time Mom, a wife to a Congressman and a business owner.

She also missed modeling which changed her life tremendously, earning her self confidence in the process and lead the way for her and Erik to be back together and eventually their marriage.

So far her life is good, she can’t ask for more- but one can get a little break sometime, and after five years without having any time for herself- she felt she deserved it,too.

Plus she missed her friends and the city, too.

Paris, France

Roan’s plane touched down Charles De Gaulle Airport at ten past eight in the evening. She is happy to be back to Paris, a city where a lot of her beautiful memories happened and was her solace during those times she and Eric broke up – the city helped her heal, be braver and confident. She is also happy to see her old friends from the modeling world, and from her culinary class she attended. It was always nice to be back to Paris.

She is just waiting for her luggage then she is meeting Antoine at the arrivals area. Antoine is a gay French designer she is good friends with.

As she waits, she pulls out her blackberry and texted Eric that she just landed in Paris.

” hi hon just landed in Paris, miss u already. Kisses to d kids. Love u. XO Roan”

And she hit send.

She sees her red luggage coming up and was getting ready to pick it up.

She was reaching for it as it gets infront of her but someone took it before she did , she suddenly looked alarmed and was about to show her guererra side but she heard the man say, “I’m just trying to help you miss,” the voice was from a man who she can’t figure out if he is a Filipino or mixed or what. She hasn’t heard a hint of Tagalog yet from him.

“sorry if you thought I’m going to take your luggage .” and showed her a smile. He is very attractive, tall with a nice tan.

She smiled and said thank you.

She was about to head directly to the arrival area when the guy approaches her again now holding his own luggage .

“I’m Joaquin. And you are?”

“I’m Roan nice meeting you, thanks..” 

she hesitated and continued walking, she doesn’t want to encourage this guy who seem to have an interest in her.

The guy won’t let Roan go, he is very insistent.

Roan didn’t want to be rude but the guy just won’t leave her alone.

I’m on business here, sorry I don’t want to be rude. But I have to go, thanks for helping me with my luggage.”

The guy named Joaquin laughed showing a set of dimples, he is indeed very attractive yet has that childlike mannerism.

He held up his hand and said ,“Oh no not at all, I was just trying to help a fellow Kababayan.” there he said it,so he is A Filipino also.

Roan smiled , if that was all there is to it then he is harmless, she can’t afford to have any distraction on this trip especially with Erik not with her.

You’re a Filipino too? ” a surprised look on her face.

He smiled again,” Yes and no. I’m actually part Filipino, British and Brazilian.” he doesn’t have a hint of Filipino except for maybe his tanned skin although it seems like that wasn’t his natural color either, he probably stays too much under the sun.

Roan nodded. “Oh I see..”

So what kind of business are you here in Paris for ? I’m here for business and pleasure, I have a modeling gig I have to attend to,” he said.

Roan tried to hide her surprise but failed , she doesn’t believe in coincidences but maybe it is just coincidence that they were on the same plane and going on the same event, well maybe he is In a different event.

“Oh, do you speak Tagalog?” she asked.

“Konti lang, I grew up in London and just recently going back and forth to Manila and London. My mom is Filipino- Brazilian and my dad is British.”

He looks to be around 28-30. He is taller than Erik who is 5’10″ so he is easily a six footer and he has an almost clean cut hair, thick eyebrows, very sexy lips and a set of dimples. He is just wearing a tight white shirt and blue denims revealing a well sculpted muscles underneath those clothing .

“Ah nice combination- nice meeting you I have to go ahead.” Roan said trying to be polite yet dismissive .

He shook his head trying to understand why she is aloof.

He said,”Sure..see ya!” he took his own luggage and watch as Roan took her luggage towards the arrivals hall.

Roan headed out of the luggage area searching through the arrival area where Antoine is.

She smiled as she sees a well-dressed 5’9″ French guy with a little moustache wearing a beret waved at her smiling.

Roan, great to see you again! You look beautiful as always!” he said in French, and gave her a hug and kiss.

Roan laughed and hugged him back,”You don’t look bad yourself Antoine! It’s great to see you,too!” Roan replied back in French. After a year in Paris she knew conversational French. She loves this city and the language – it sounds so romantic, she thought.

Antoine helped her out with her small luggage, she didn’t carry much as she prefers to travel light.

They went into Antoine’s two-sitter Mercedes which is a cute silver car parked right out for them- Antoine apparently knew the French police and gave him a break for parking there- when he promised he won’t be long.

Roan always found these small cars amazing, very easy to drive and comfortable for two. She fancied driving one in Manila also but knowing how traffic is , she doesn’t want to risk damaging a car like it, although if they have another house somewhere where traffic is not too bad, maybe a small car like this would be cool.

Antoine is taking Roan to her apartment, she owns a one -bedroom apartment in the Marais district and acquired it during her stint in Paris both as a model and pastry chef.

She rents it out but the contract for it just finished so now it is free- a good thing, she prefers to stay there where she feels at home than in a hotel – she wouldn’t mind a hotel but since she has this apartment free why spend money to a hotel when she can stay for free in her own apartment.