Chapter 22

Erik smiled when he received the text from Roan:

I love you kamahalan. Forevermore…infinitum. I’m

Yours and you’re mine. ❤ warden

Roan never fails to make him smile. Still, he misses her so much. He typed his reply:

I love you more, Warden. I'm yours now and forever, beyond life itself. 

He got up from their bed and went to the small fridge inside their room. He took a bottle of cold water and drank it- he suddenly felt so thirsty. Literally thirsty for water but he has a different thirst that water alone, can't fulfill. His thirst for Roan. He closed his eyes and thought about the smiling face, her bubbly laughter and her surprising naughtiness. He likes it actually, because it is directed at him alone. She is his and he is happy to leave it that way.

PARIS, FRANCE

The next day is Roan's last full day of rehearsal. She will be ramping alone and the finale she was told she will have someone with her. Antoine didn't give her the full details yet, but today she hopes she would, she knows what to do.

She was waiting for her queue inside her dressing room, with her earbuds on she was listening to the song "Of All the Things'

Of all the things I've ever done
Finding you will prove to be
The most important one
I would never trade the tears
The conversation no-one hears
The learning how to walk before we run

Of all the kites I ever flew
Most came tumbling down
Except the one I sent up with you
I don't wanna change a thing
Break the spell
Cut the string
When every wish I made is coming true
With you

Sometimes I forget
To say how much I love you
Purposely I bet
'Cause I'm so busy thinking of you 

She really likes this song, when she listens to this song, she thinks about Erik. Her Erik, she can't imagine life without him. She smiled to herself and her eyes were still closed as she listened to the last part of the song.

So, in this world of odds and ends
I'd rather have a part of you
Than all of my so-called friends
You have taught me how to feel
What is false and what is real
Of all the things I ever wanna do
I think I'll start and end with loving you

Oh, you have taught me how to feel
What is false and what is real
Of all the things I ever wanna do
I think I'll start and end with loving you

She took her earbuds off and looked at herself in the mirror. She puts her hair up on a ponytail and was about to stand up when the door to her dressing room suddenly opened up.

She quickly stood up and saw a man holding the door, he was still trying to catch his breath.

He only realized the room wasn't empty when he saw her standing.

"Hi," he said. 

"Hi," Roan said. The guy looked familiar, he was the one at the airport. Roan thought. What a coincidence. She doesn't really believe in coincidences, but thought nothing much about it. She doesn't want to stress herself thinking of coincidences right now.

"This is my dressing room, are you looking for someone?" she said to him.

"Ah yes, but..wait, aren't you the one at the airport?" his smile broadens. 

"Unfortunately," she whispered not looking at him, "Ahmm, yes, that was me- small world right?"

"Great! I didn't know this was the business you were talking about! So you're a model,too! " he said excitedly.

"I was.I'm only here because of a friend," she said, she was uncomfortable again. She doesn't know why, but this guy makes her feel that way. Not that he looks creepy or anything- it's the opposite. He looks so damn attractive that she is uncomfortable merely looking at him. A feeling she should only feel for her equally gorgeous and hot husband-Erik. "Wait, did she just say equally? Oh, no? Before she only felt Erik is the most gorgeous and hot man that exists, and because of this guy ......Roan erase those thoughts now! , she told herself.

She took the glass of water on her dresser, and tried to calm herself down without him noticing it. He was still busy smiling and looking at her like a fool. Who can blame her, the man is dashing. She's sure she can easily sweep off any single woman's feet. Not hers, though. She is very much taken.

"So, Roan? Right?' he asked him, he was offering his hand.

She pretended not to see it, she just nodded at him.

"Sorry, Roan. I thought this was my dressing room. Anyways, I was running late and I told Antoine I'd be here soon. I better find him then. See you later." then he went out of her dressing room while Roan is still thinking if it was indeed a coincidence or purely intentional.

But she can't connect any ideas related to it being coincidental.

"What would this man want from me? Totally not possible".

So she calmed herself and went out of the dressing room to find Antoine,too. She should be professional and act herself. 

She saw Antoine talking to this guy, now she remembers his name- Joaquin.

They were both laughing at each other. Antoine who seem to be enjoying his company.

She approached them and said hello.

"Oh, Roan darling. Did you meet this beau mec?" his eyes flirting at him when he referred to him as the handsome man.

Roan smiled," Yes, Antoine. We met a while ago.

"Actually we met at the airport also, remember?" Joaquin reminded her.

"Yes, I remember. Small world.So, you are a model for the show also-obviously?" she is asking Joaquin and looking at Antoine at the same time. 

"Actually Roan darling, he is a last minute one. He, like you, used to be a model but quits before you two had a chance to cross paths in the runway, he has his own business now. He only came here on my insistence - both of you are doing me a favor for the show. I met Joaquin a long time ago when he was starting to be a model. But he quits abruptly because of some family matters, right Joaquin?"

He nodded but his aura changed and he suddenly looked a bit angry. Roan thought looking at him.

"Yeah, something personal. Anyways, so we are going to ramp together at the finale then -that's what Antoine said,' changing the mood of the conversation. His family life is always off limits, he doesn't want anybody talking about it, and since they don't know it- he can't be too sensitive about it.

"No, he hasn't told me it was you, but yes, he did say I will be with another model."

"Yes, darling you and Joaquin are going to be together at the final ramp. And you have to practice starting- now,' he said and he asked them to go at the backstage and started guiding them about how he wanted the final ramp to be.