End of Armageddon/Mako Kahn

Several Months Later...

"I still will never like the responsibility..." I groaned, having just left another deal. Apparently freeing Edenia was not without it's share of problems. And the Shokan weren't happy with me killing Sheeva. At least the current puppet, someone called Shujinko would do.

Mileena was currently sitting on her throne. Well, ours, as we just were preparing to fill our court. Usually we would have at least a general, two bodyguards, and several others that I don't care about.

Khameleon and Erron Black still were apart of us, as was Reptile. Others did join as well, but this man, Hsu Hao? We just killed him after finding him trying to steal the Wrath Hammer. With the Wrath Hammer...the servants probably cleaned up the mess this evening.

"Where is Ermac? He has yet to arrive," Mileena questioned a Shokan soldier.

"He's been missing for weeks now, Empress. Last we heard was him entering the Flesh Pits..."

"Hm. Anything else?"

"Sorcery..." I said aloud, taking my spot; a seat right next to her. "I had Sareena check the ruins. The Flesh Pits were missing a few things. A body and a spare amulet that holds souls,"

"Shang Tsung?" Erron questioned me.

"Yes. Possibly absorbed Ermac's souls to mend his wounds,"

"Hopefully we'll deal with him soon enough," Mileena dismissed court as we were left alone. Mostly. There were still our bodyguards and a few people in the corridors.

A lot had changed in Outworld. Many wanted to see Mileena back on the throne. Others were hesitant of having her around to screw around with the resources available; the Mad Empress term didn't go away. Yet they didn't expect me to show up as 'Mako Kahn'.

I wasn't exactly nice as they thought. To drain the swamp, I basically ordered the execution of several illegal traders with the Black Dragon, outlawed any sort of Blood Magic, and reworked the entire justice system. Again, by killing the judges. Sensing a pattern?

The death penalty was still a thing, as Outworlders do love their Koliseum. Just...not for everything. That I had issue with. And if anybody really had an issue...they died. So much for the soft, pacifistic Kohou they assumed that I was.

And now Ermac was missing, most likely that sorcerer whom made me and Mileena. But that wasn't necessarily why we stopped the court talks.

"The Netherrealm just absorbed Dream Realm..." Mileena told me. "No doubt my 'sister' is trying to get attention from you,"

"We did take away Tomas from them. But what really worries me is the Thunder God," I sighed. "He also did his fair share of wars. Order Realm and Chaos Realm. No expense is too great for him...starting to think he is becoming another Shinnok scenario,"

"I had hoped your Zaterra Mandate would help us, but..." Khameleon added. "S-Sorry, Emperor. It's...they have yet to allow for any effort to find anything about my race,"

"Thought we were on good terms..."

"Well, Raiden is basically becoming an asshole," Erron Black shrugged.

"True enough. Black, I need you to oversee the Tarkatans...I think D'Vorah might be involved,"

"Sure, Empress,"

"And Khameleon. I want you to keep an eye on Edenia. There's a rumor that my sister might try to attack it,"

"O-Of course. It'll be done," Heh. Too excited for her own good.

Now we were alone. Kind of quiet since that day.

Had we still been rebels, we could have a conversation not about politics. Actually...standing up I pulled out a teddy bear from behind the throne. Nobody really checks, since why would you? It'd probably end in death anyway. Again, a common theme in Outworld.

"Why?! Why here-" I shushed the frantic Empress as I simply smiled.

"Eh, thought it'd be nice to finally give this back. After all, I still don't have Rain's head on a pike...it's pretty much impossible with him in ashes," Joking about that, I handed it over to her. Surprisingly, she tossed it aside.

"I don't need it. I have...an improvement~" Oh. Those eyes now?

"Let me guess...is that item about person sized?" Deciding to play along, I started to embrace her. She still was gorgeous; those edenian genes are keeping her figure.

"Possibly~" Rubbing my arms, she pulled her veil down. "It's actually quite enjoyable to use~"

"I see...sounds familiar," With both of us chuckling, we shared a kiss. It was obvious she was exhausted...in a different way. The amount of political schemes and drills and appearances had little care for her...intimate moments.

I still hate the responsibility of being Kahn. I wished Kotal picked someone else. Anybody else. But...I guess he was right to at least trust me. For the wrong reasons; he would never allow Mileena to be here.

To be honest, I was skeptical. But she proved otherwise. I haven't had a vision. From what Raiden told me, the god in me finally settled in my form. It's officially my own power now. And now Mileena was properly managing an empire unlike...that mess beforehand. Her violent tendencies have dimmed, but were still there.

Like how she currently was dragging me to our private chambers, just begging to be taken. Or at least, taking by force. Pushing me into the bed she pounced onto me, filled with lust.

"Hehe...well, darling~ We haven't got all evening~" She spoke, as we continued our session.

***

"What will you do with it anyway?" I stared at the teddy bear for a moment.

"Perhaps give it to our children,"

"If," I shrugged.

"No. Definitely..." Mileena corrected. "Shang Tsung didn't make all my bodies infertile.~"

"Heh, you seriously are capable? Wait...seriously?"

"Yes. Just wait until the morning to make sure...I might be sick if I am right," She grasped me, squishing against me. A soft purr erupted from her, as she wrapped herself around me.

"Heh...what a strange existence..." I told myself, as I let myself drift to sleep.

***

"A lot has been changed since Raiden began his attempts to avoid the fate I crafted. It's only natural...he needs to be removed," A Being told her co-conspirator, an older man.

"I agree, milady," He spoke softly. Slowly his features became...younger. A slow laugh began as he looked into an amulet, previously belonging to Ermac. "This is what you require?"

"At least to begin. Shang Tsung. You will be rewarded in my New Era. I may make deals with others, but you most certainly will be the main deal,"

"I am honored," As the sorcerer walked down the steps away from the hourglass, he is met by another strange man.

"I do not trust you,"

"How so? I have yet to do anything to betray your master,"

"In every timeline prior, you betray her,"

"Is that so? Then perhaps this time will be different. Or not. Hmph..." He smirked at the servant walking off. "Have a nice day..."

All the while, that gaze of distrust never faltered. This sorcerer would need to be watched carefully; there was already the shaping of the sands. Everything must work properly for such a task to work. And this servant knew it.

The New Era was coming.