The 'Death' of The Empress/Ashen God & Thunder God

I woke in a cold sweat, wondering what I had just witnessed. Again, that Thunder God is invading my sleep as well? Perhaps it means something?

Thankfully, I had my own tent. Mileena lately has been a great deal kinder to me since my confession. It didn't mean we were a couple, simply a mutual agreement. Besides, it was far better to have somebody if my power in their own personal tent.

Tanya and Rain had their own as well.

Yet, the whole situation was different...I needed to leave, at least for a time. I knew my first destination...

***

Nether realm was what I had expected it to be. Hell. Quan Chi had specific instructions of where to meet. I soon met a man...erm, partly, some called by Nightwolf. Interesting, he reminds me of shamans back in Kohodrum. Albeit, less friendly in terms of appearance.

"Our Lord is waiting inside. Come," He told me, as I made sure to keep an eye out for a certain uninvited guest.

Inside a few more like Nightwolf, whose names still elude me. And the sorcerer himself, humbly sitting with a tea set. I recall that Earthrealm had a similar tradition; he must've thought it was a good tradition to copy.

"Ah, Ortega. So you've finally made your decision?" He told me, as I made my seat in front of him. "To be honest, I was afraid you'd never reply. But here you are,"

"Thank you for the honor. Although, I have to ask....for my sake, and another's...would you help me with my little problem?" I asked, taking a cup of tea. Bitter, yet, strangely appealing.

He eyed me, bemused before he understood almost immediately.

"Mileena? I'm sorry, but...she won't be alive any longer," My heart dropped at that comment. Wait...Kuatan Jungle...I should never have left.

"What do you mean? Why...I should be going now," I stood up, only to be met with a look alike of Mileena...Kitana. I knew of Edenian culture and historical figures. "Hm?"

"It was foreseen that her death would occur this day. Attempting to change fate is an impossibility," She told me.

"Even for a half-god? Like you once mentioned?" I pointed at Quan Chi.

"Heh, you seem to act as if this means anything. If Shinnok doesn't succeed, more than she will perish among the Thunder God's rule,"

".....No. I'm going, so, leave me alone. Failure or not, I'm going to keep her alive-" I felt a scream in my ear, and I soon punched another lady as that screech was ringing within me. "The hell? What-"

"Sorry, but I'm short on time and patience. Clearly, you don't have a sense of loyalty, even as we reach the last days of this longstanding war," Quan Chi teleported in front of me, delivering a forceful blow. "If you leave without swearing loyalty, I have no qualms about killing you. I don't need someone who knows my secrets running amok,"

I gritted my teeth as I saw the others surround me, and enraged, I let them away with a burst of flames. Running towards him, I landed a kick on his ribs, grabbed his head crashing it into my knee before flipping over me into the cavern walls.

"Sorry, I'm afraid you need to die now," I mocked him, before sending a wave of flames towards him. And he was already dominating the next moment, a flurry of strange skull projectiles. Soon, I was on the ground, bleeding from the multiple ethereal attacks.

"Boy, this is MY domain. You should have tried to realize how powerful I truly am. And still, you have yet to master your godly power to be a tiny threat," He laughed down at me, his pride swelling as much as my bruises.