Envy/Blood Sports...

If only things went simpler with her. Normally, an angry woman was dangerous enough alone. An angry outworlder, you're just begging to die. An angry Mileena...play your cards right, or you won't see the light of day. Ever.

And...an angry Mileena I found, practically destroying several Moroi artifacts in a fit of absolute primal rage. Her envy side had me particularly scared, not because I'd possible die...but, that she'd even get envious in terms of romance. Power, yes, I've seen that; why else does she want to be Kahnum so badly? Romance? Now, that's a new one. 

That Reiko must've really done her the worst betrayal of her trust that I could even fathom to have her become so...distressed, to put it lightly.

Watching for only two seconds, I snatched a mid-air sai, apparently one meant for the very expensive bust behind me. And, by her eyes alone, she definitely didn't mean to skewer me...as unbelievable as it sounds.

But, in her grace's true fashion, returned to her angry state.

"What do you want with me? I have no need for you," She snapped at me.

"Considering the amount of property damage you've done in one room in under a minute...I doubt it," I replied, twirling the weapon in hands, before giving it, handle first to Mileena. "Your jealous, aren't you?"

Practically ripping the blade out of my grasp, she just had a furious glance right at me. I knew this look, a killer. But, again, being Mileena, I knew that she really wanted to not delve down to violence...at least, towards me, everyone else is fair game. I could even tell...she still doesn't trust me. Whoever Reiko was, I wish I could kill him again, just for making a trust issue be apart of her already complicated mindset. 

"You are...besides...I brought something," Reaching into the knapsacks ones that she just decided to toss before ruining the place, I showed her, the Teddy. Same as before. "I'm pretty sure, anyone else would've just let it be,"

"..." Huh, she seemed to soften up, after realizing what I did. "It wasn't a necessity..."

"Really? Every night you sneak this little guy in the encampment, wake up early to hid it, rinse, and repeat. I say, it is a necessity...I wonder why, in all honesty," I said, giving it to her, and looking around, seeing the damage she had done. Pretty bad, honestly. Even worse than the flesh pits...

"...Why should I tell you? I don't have any obligation-"

"Still don't trust in me?I'm not Reiko. He was power hungry, I'm strictly content with having no responsibility over a group of people. He was manipulative, I tell it how it is. And how it seems to me, is that you have a great deal of healing, considering the amount of suffering you had grown through. And I'm sure being in Netherrealm after death would be even worse..." Slowly, my left hand reached for her mask, revealing the large teeth that made up most of her face. The only 'normal' parts, being the lips. How convenient. Without hesitation, I pulled her head in for a kiss. I could hear her nearly gasp in surprise at my forward actions. "...heh, well, that's a new expression for you. Not so pissed...oh..."

Yeah, she went back to her usual sour expression, except, more like a child pouting than anything deadly or venomous. I bet if she had cheeks, they'd be puffed up by now.

"...I can't just trust you yet," Mileena sighed, putting her mask back on. She still kept the Teddy, mostly out of sheer habit, and familiarity. "That Nitara-"

"Makes me feel confused, and mildly disgusted, Mileena. Nothing more than that," I reminded her, and left smiling. From my sense, she was content, for a time. 

***

"Where were you, Mako?"

"Stuff. How is it with Kano's snares?" I was greeted by a shattered blackened stone spread on the stone table. "How...is that a snare?"