Graduation and a sweet encounter

NARUTO POV

Me and naruko were really exited today because we were becoming ninja Of the hidden leaf. Dad was proud and said that we would all go out for dinner but mom was upset as always she has been like this since we were three. There were times were she wasn't upset like when the kazekage came to the village to discuss an alliance but when mom saw the boy called gaara she was happy and acted nice and happy while he was here like she was his mother. When they left she went back to being upset but I bet being a ninja will help to make her happy again.

Naruko:"NARUTO!! Are you ready to go to the academy yet!"

Naruto:"yeah let's hope everyone else graduate as well then I'll be hokage like dad"

We smiled at what I said then made our way to the dinning room table were dad was putting out breakfast and mum wasn't here she was most likely in that dusty old room she calls her 'mommy room' which we are not allowed in or on a mission. Then dad sat down at the table and we started eating then dad started speaking.

Minato:"are you two ready too become genin?"

Both:"yes dad!!"

Minato:"now remember I won't do anything if you fail and I can't help you on missions"

Naruto:"we know dad"

Minato:"ok but just know even if you fail we will still love you. Oh after the exam we will go out for dinner"

Naruko:"will mom be there?"

Dad paused for a moment but went back to talking.

Minato:"yes your mother will be coming with us and hopefully you becoming ninja will make her happy"

We nod and went back to eating and having small talk. After breakfast me and naruko were getting ready to go to the academy to take the genin  exam.

Minato pov

As I watch my kids leave I went to kushina and I know we're she will be so I went up the stairs to our disappointments room when I got to the door I knocked on it and then pulled the handle to come into the room. When I turn the light on too see my wife kushina sitting in the middle of the room with her hands on the sides of her head and mumbling something that I can't understand from here. I go up to her and bend down and put my hand on her shoulder when I did she flinched a bit and looked up with a sad face like she usually has for the past few years.

Kushina:"what do you want minato I'm thinking of what gift I can give y/n"

She sounded as depressed as usual she has been depressed since I told her I signed custody of dog tooth over to danzo. I still don't get why she still cares about him or why she still trys to send him gifts even though he sends them back.

Minato:"I just want to know if you will be able to come out for dinner with our kids."

Kushina:"will y/n be there?"

Minato:"no dog tooth won't be there"

Kushina:"STOP CALLING HIM THAT HIS NAME IS Y/N UZUMAKI NAMIKAZE NOT DOG TOOTH!!!!!"

she never likes people calling it that name.

Minato:"look kushina Naruto and naruko would like for us to spend some time as a family and what better than when they become ninja of the leaf"

The room goes silent for a few seconds before kushina starts to stand up and looks at me with a small smile on her face.

Kushina:"ok I guess it would be nice to celebrate it with them on there special day"