Chapter 9

Jules went back to her cabin while I, not so secretly, stalked Luke. I would hide behind trees and a canoe at one point receiving strange looks from parents and even a six year old. Why did he have to see everything that I fuck up on? Like I’m not this awful of a person, I mean sure I disregarded Jules’ weight complex thingy but it was stupid and I was like a bitch about Ashton but whatever, anyways, there was a hot boy in front of me who I absolutely needed. I walked out from behind a bush and slightly frightened the tall boy.

“Luke, we need to talk, I know i haven’t been a good friend nor person in general. I’m so sorry and I would choose you over Ashton any day, I was just so caught up on him because he was a guy I thought I loved. He means nothing, and I mean nothing. I know it’s been what? 3 days, but I don’t want to be without you ever again. I know you probably have a million girls falling over you all the time, but I want to know that you only have eyes for me as selfish as that sounds because your eyes...your eyes are better the feeling you get on Christmas morning, or when you go outside right after it rains and you can see the light reflect through the water gleaming and shining, and even better than driving to the middle of nowhere and watching the stars from the hood of a car, and Luke I think I love you….”

I didn’t even know what I had just said, but it felt so right. It was true, I loved the blue eyed, blonde haired, broad shouldered man child and maybe this was just another case of how I fall for someone fast and hard but I was so so okay with it. I liked his laugh and how his nose that reminded me of a who from Doctor Seuss scrunched up when he smiled. “Luke, please say something. I know what I said sounds crazy and strange, but I mean it.”

Luke looked confused. “Why couldn’t you have figured that when I needed you to?” My heart broke, shattered, gone. He didn’t feel the same way. I’m going to throw up or cry or bang my head on a sink until I pass out, I can’t believe this just happened. I poured out my heart to him and this is what I get?

“Luke I’m sorry that I hadn’t realized that I needed you but I’m here now and I miss you. Ashton left after we broke up, I feel like I didn’t even know him but I know that I want to get to know you. I want to know how you like coffee and what your hair looks like when you wake up and how you like your sandwiches and if you have siblings and if you were bullied or Mr. Popular. I want to know you,” I stated honestly trying to win over the skeptical boy.

“Blended and in a Starbucks cup.”

“What?”

“How I like my coffee, you said you wanted to know how I like my coffee, blended and in a Starbucks cup,” he said giggling. He stepped closer and hugged me. He actually hugged me. Operation Cake is Love, Cake is Lyfe is in full motion.