Chapter 6

Ashton and I stayed up til 3 talking about all the adventures our time apart held, he apparently got beat up in an alley and was practically molested by some drunk girl at a party while I talked about how I had to get a brace for my wrist because in my angry state, I punched a wall. He giggled sending vibrations to fill my chest due to our position on the couch, I was sitting in between his toned legs with his arms wrapped around me like how  I imagined Luke and I around the fire only 2 nights ago. When my mom finally stumbled in drunk most likely from the embarrassment that I put on her earlier.

“God dammit, Calum! You just had to fuck this up for me to? All I ever do is care for you and I never ask you for anything so the one time I do, you go and ruin everything,” my mother spat at me. The look of anger and utter disappointment filled her usually joyous eyes. Ashton put his face in my neck and began to whisper small nothings to calm me down.

Before Ashton continued any longer, I was on my feet and yelling. “ What the hell are you talking about? You don’t care about me, you couldn’t even remember my boyfriend’s name! You only care about how you look to other people!” I responded. She seemed to sober up because she came closer with her hand raised. I began to raise my hand to cover myself but she beat me to it, pain filled my cheek and tears welled.

“I wouldn’t have forgotten if you didn’t have a new boyfriend every week, you slut,” she said calmly. Tears were streaming down my face as I cupped my cheek.

“Well I-I’m sorry that I embarrassed you for the only per-person that  I’ve felt anything f-for,” I whispered, my voice breaking every so often. “but I don’t care, I rea-really like h-him.” I heard Ashton gasp. I turned to see him hold his face in his large hands.

“Ash, I’m sorry but he makes me happy,” said now smiling and hysterical. I laughed and threw my hands up. “I may have only met him two days ago but he’s the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.”

“You know what, Hood? I lied, I slept with whoever I wanted when I wanted in Florida and I had a fucking awesome time, I came back to breakup with you tell you that I’m moving to Miami. I loved you, I really did, but that was a while ago,” Ashton said squaring his shoulders up to mine with a smirk on his face too.

“This,” I gestured between the two of us, “never was meant to be, huh?”

“No, babe, I don’t think so, but you were a hell of a fuck,” he said with a laugh.

I giggled, “I could say the same about you.”

My mother scoffed, “What the hell just happened? Did you breakup? Why are you giggling like a girl? What?” This time, we both laughed.

“Yup,” I said popping the ‘p’. I turned to Ashton once again, “I guess we’re both over each other now, but we should stay in touch.”

“I wouldn’t want it any other way,” he said before grabbing his bags and retreating out the door.

“Teenagers confuse me…” my mom said to herself walking up the stairs.

**********

I'm sorry this is such a short chapter, I'll update soon