ch. 7: They're Mine Now! pt. 3

Two weeks.

It's been two fucking weeks now we're finally at a port! I thought I was gonna die at sea! Actually no I'm just being over dramatic, it was a really boring ship ride though, except for my time spent with Zuko and Iroh.

Somehow, Zu still doesn't know about my burn- or that I broke the door that was keeping my weapon from me... Yeah I stole the swords, and I don't feel bad about it either.

_________________

"I'm gone Iroh. Tell Zu to take care of himself for me!" I wave at Iroh who decided to see me off. He didn't even question where I got the swords from, such a good old man!

"Take care of yourself first, May. Do you have the medicine for your arm?"

I nod and pat my hoodie's pocket. "Yep~ I'll do my best!" I smile at him, genuinely excited to be leaving.

"...You know this war could go on for a while." He puts his hand on my shoulder, kind of like my mother did when she would explain something to me when I was a child in my last life. "Do your best to avoid all of this, you are a smart girl. I wouldn't want someone like you to-" I hold up my hand to stop him.

"I refuse to be involved in this war. I'll protect myself and whatever is important to me, that's all." I pick up the bag of food he gave me, and the swords I stole with the only hand I can use at the moment. It's really inconvenient. "See ya around."

I take note of that sad, yet proud look in his eyes. He steps back. "See you, my niece."

I'm actually kind of shook. I call him uncle as somewhat of a joke, and respect for Ursa as a mother figure. I didn't even consider how he would feel about it.

I can't help but smile at him, the fact that he considers me family kinda makes me happy. "Bye, Uncle." I walk off, finally ready to live my free life!

Again I forget.... I am only thirteen.... Shit.

_____________

I put on my hood, 'cause my beauty is just too much!
I'm being a narcissist again aren't I.... What the fuck, someone stop me, like at least I know but clearly it's not helping.

"Hm... Now how do I get to the south...... Or am I going south? Geez I hate this already!" I put the swords on a holster (that is stole), and the bag on my shoulder so I can pull the crystals outta my hand. "Hey, god, you there?"

The crystals float outta my hand and start glowing. Which means yes, yes they are there.

"Hey May~ it's a little early for you to be calling me! What's up?"

I wasn't actually expecting an answer, so I'm kinda shook, but like... Whatever. "How do I get to the South?"

"Oh, I forgot about that! Hmm, how about I give ya your spirit guide! Like a dragon or something!"

"That would be cool, but maybe not a dragon..." I walk off into the forest with the crystals floating just behind me. I take this this to practice with one of the swords.

They're very well made, sharp and light. Almost like they were made for me! It's not like I care if they really were or not though, they're mine now.