60| collision

this chapter's for mafiamanslut ❤

| Chapter 60 |

collision |

Twenty four hours felt like twenty four days ever since the world had taken a sharp turn for Bree.

Time moved really slow, but her heart was constantly beating at an unnaturally rapid pace. Time moved really slow, but her breathing was always erratic and heavy these days. Time moved really slow -- but everything inside her felt like the world was spinning insanely fast.

As if it was about to be thrown off the axis.

Her mother's words bounced around in Bree's head; "I understand that you're scared. . . You don't have to choose between being happy and protecting us. . ."

Bree sighed heavily and leant back in her seat, gently shaking her head in attempts to clear it and focus better on the class.

"There's no any immediate danger, is there?" -- her mother's voice continued to float around  in her head;

". . .it's not like the cartel is already here and taking charge of these streets, right?. . . Whatever that what-if is, whatever it is that you're afraid of -- we'll cross that bridge when we get there. . ."

"Let your love for him be bigger than your fear for me and Maya. . . Let your love for him be bigger than your fear for me and Maya. . ."

Bree squeezed her eyes shut and buried her face into the cup of her palms. "I want you to know that it's okay", her mother's words resonated, "that we're fine and we're not holding you back from someone that makes you happy."

What the hell was she supposed to do now?

Deep down, Bree had wanted someone to tell her it was okay to be selfish and want to be with Nick despite the obvious threat. She'd wanted to be told that she didn't have to give up this piece of her heart for the greater good. She had wanted to be told that it was okay to continue being involved with him.

And now that her mother herself had told Bree she didn't have to make this sacrifice, she was at an utter loss. She had wanted this, hadn't she? To be told it was okay? To be given the green light?

But there was no denying the spark of fear that still existed inside her chest, yanking hard on her heartstrings whenever she thought about the possible danger. Fear for herself.

And there was also the fact that even though her mum had reassured her on being with Nick , Bree couldn't help the smudge of worry that still resided in her.

Right on cue, her mother's voice made itself present again; "whatever that what-if is, whatever it is that you're afraid of -- we'll cross that bridge when we get there. . . Let your love for him be bigger than your fear for me and Maya. . ."