part one • 01| cold blue eyes

[this is where the story officially begins; the last two chapters were occurrences in the past -- one took place 6months before now and the other happened 2weeks before now]

to shewreak17, for the never ending love and support

to shewreak17, for the never ending love and support ❤

P A R T  O N E

| Chapter One |

| cold blue eyes |

BREE pushed her tongue against the inside of her right cheek, a trait of hers whenever she was lost in thoughts or pouring all her concentration on something particular.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

Bree looked up to meet Dale's amused eayes. "Hey," she smiled warmly, "what are you doing here?"

"I have lectures," he said with a tone of surprise.

Bree laughed lightly. "No, Dale. What are you doing here?" She gestured around her where she was sat on the bleachers. Those who didn't have any classes for the time being also seemed to occupy the bleachers, with their nose either buried in books, or catching up with their friends, or just friends of the basketball team members who were currently warming up on the field below.

He shrugged, "basketball practice starts in a while. Thought I'd just come by early and then spotted you."

She nodded in acknowledgement, before gathering her hair and letting it rest on her right shoulder.

"How's Eileen? It's been a while since I've seen her around."

"Mum's fine," he rolled his eyes.

"Still not liking the idea of you staying late out at night?" Bree chuckled.

He laughed in return, "She gives me a ring on a daily basis, and I keep telling her I'm in college now, that it's not high school anymore. She says that's even more reason for her to worry."