Chapter 8:

I am standing in a cave, is it a cave? It is too dark to see anything. I reach around blindly with my hands and feel a damp wall.

da mihi lumen” I whisper and a glowing orb lights up my surroundings. In front of me is what seems like a never-ending tunnel. I look behind me and see the same thing. Cold and confused I wander forwards, deeper into the cave. It feels like I have been walking for hours but it might only be a few minutes. Eventually a light comes into view and a clearing opens in the path. The light was coming from a room that was light with candles. Inside there are five coffins lined up one after the other. As soon as I step through the thresh hold the coffins swing open in unison. I walk over to the first one and peer inside. There lay Rebekah, her face frozen and her veins spread over her face like cobwebs, a dagger protruding from her chest. In the next coffin was Elijah, then who I assume to be Kol and Finn. In the fifth coffin was a lady that I knew all to well, my grandmother Aneatha. Her long Black hair falling around her waist and glistening in the candle light. I have seen her many times in my dreams but her beauty is still breathtaking. I notice a green pendant hanging around her neck, it suddenly glows bright and I lean in closer to get a better look. That’s when I notice that Aneatha is breathing.

Do you know that feeling that you get when you wake up in a strange place and not know where you are? Well that’s how I feel. I open my eyes to see that I am lying on a couch that I have never seen before, in fact the whole room is new to me. I try and look around but then hiss as the pain in my head reminds me of what happened last night.

“aaah, she’s up.” I hear from behind me.

My head snaps up on instinct.

 “aaaah, god dammit!” I yell in pain as my head flops back on the pillow  “Do you mind coming around this side of the couch? I can’t life my head up to see you”

A few footsteps later Damon comes into view.

“Oh, its you”

“Did you miss me?” he smirked

“Not particularly”

A few moments later Stefan walks down the stairs “did I hear talking?”

“Yes brother, look who is awake” Damon said while pointing at me.

Stefan walks over and stands in front of me.

“Are you feeling ok?” He asks.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thank you for asking” I give a pointed look at Damon.

“So what the hell happened to you?” Stefan seemed concerned and I smiled.

“Its nothing that I can’t handle”

“Yeah, If by handle you mean crawl up into a ball and cry” Damon piped in.

I just sigh. “Here, help me up” I reached my hand out to Stefan, which he took hold off and gently lifted me so I was in a sitting position.

“I get visions sometimes, it is a part of my ‘Gift’”

“Gift?? It looked like someone was trying to claw his way out of your skull” Damon said bitterly and Stefan shot him a warning glance.

“Well, they have their disadvantages”

I look around the room and see that I am in an old style house, with bookshelves and an old fireplace.

“Is this your house?” I ask changing the subject.

Of course it was Stefan who answered my question “yeah, we were following you home and all of a sudden you collapse. So we took you to our place until you got better.”

“Well I’m all better now, so I’d best be going. Rebekah might be wondering where I am”

“Aaaw, so sad to see you go. Ok, bye bye” Damon said sarcastically and he left the room.

“Wait what time is it?” I look around the room searching for a clock.

“Its 1:30 in the afternoon”

“So I missed school?” I sigh “Klaus is gonna be so pissed”. I get off the couch slowly and head towards the door but remember something.

“I dropped my phone, and uh-“

“Do you need a ride?” Stefan cut in smiling.

“Yeah”

“I’ll get my keys”.