Chapter 7:

It was four hours after the first day of school and Caroline, Elena, Bonnie and I were all sitting around a table in the grill. I had been avoiding Bonnie all day so that she doesn’t touch me and sense that I’m a witch. But other than that I was having a good time. I was sitting in between Elena and Caroline, with Bonnie opposite me.

“So where are you from?” Elena asked casually sipping on her Coke

“Australia originally” I reply making something up on the spot “I moved here to get closer to my family”

“Do you have any siblings?”

“A little brother, Flynn. How about you?” I ask trying to steer the conversation away from me.

“Yeah, his name is Jeremy”

Thankfully our conversation got cut short as a tall blonde boy sat down at our table.

“Hey Matt!” Bonnie greeted “did you just get off work?”

“Yeah, what’s up guys?”

“This is Crys” Caroline said gesturing towards me “she just moved here from Australia”

“Australia? Nice! What’s it like?” Matt asked turning to face me

“Well, the beaches are beautiful” great, I’m the centre of attention again.

I look around the crowd to avoid eye contact that might spark up more questions. The door swings open and I see a familiar black figure stepping through the doors with someone beside him, I could only assume it was Stefan. Panic set in, if I get caught in my first day Klaus will kill me. I pretend to look at my watch.

“Oh, is that the time??” I say dramatically “I must go. I’ll see you in school. It was nice to meet you Matt”  

I didn’t wait for a reply, I fled out the back door and into the alleyway. Before I could breathe a sigh of relief the door behind me swung open. I turned around to face Damon. He looked at me and did a double take.

“You again?” he sneered

“Ahh, look! Its my favourite person in the world” I said taking a few steps towards him.

“What are you doing here?”

“Just chillin”

 He gave me a sceptical look but I didn’t have time to elaborate because someone else walked into the alley.

“Hey brother” Damon said over his shoulder “do you remember that witch I was telling you about?”

Stefan stood beside Damon and looked me up and down.

“This is her?” he asked sceptically

“Hey! I’m Crys!”

“Stefan” he replied

“See Damon, being polite isn’t so hard”

He just rolled his eyes.

“Damon is still a little sore about loosing to a little girl” Stefan said amused

“Well that’s understandable.”

“I am not!” he defended

“Of course not. It was good to see you again Damon”

“The pleasure was all yours”

“Well, I will see you boys later.” I turned and left them there. When I got out onto the road I started walking home, I am not going to walk the whole way but I love walking at night. The further I walked out town the darker the night became and at one point I could swear someone was following me.

I walked about five kilometres before I started to get a bit queasy and a faint headache appeared. My stomach sunk. I know what this feeling is, this comes before I get a vision. The headache intensified and I could see red behind my eyelids. My legs gave out and I sat on the curb holding my head as the first wave of pain swept over me. This is how it always feels, first there’s the mind-crushing headache, then I get a taste of over ripe oranges in my mouth as the pain dies down. But then the pain comes back three fold and I pass out, while I am unconscious I get the visions. The orange taste starts to build up in my mouth and the pain goes away enough for me to think clearly. I slowly stand up pull my phone out of my pocket, searching for Rebecca’s name in my contacts. Before I have a chance to call her the second wave of pain hits and I loose grip of the phone. I fall to the ground next to my phone and call out in agony. Voices are talking around me but I’m not sure if it is real. Opening my eyes slighlt I see two pairs of shoes running towards me. I try to shuffle away but fail, not being able to defend myself in this state. My vision blurs as someone picks me up bridal style. I force myself to stay awake but the pain is too strong and I pass out in the strangers arms.

so we met stefan! yayayay! hopefully soon i will wake up the whole Mikaelson family. anyway, hope you liked the chapter xoxox amy