Chapter 3:

We pull into the driveway of house. It is big and modern with heaps of windows.

As soon as the car stops Klaus is out of the car and running for the door leaving me alone in the car.

“Wow, I can clear a room” I say to myself.

A voice startles me.

“Sorry about my brother, he is very busy.”

I look over and it is Elijah opening the car door for me like a gentlemen.

“He is busy being a douche”

“Yes I s’pose he is”

“ I heard that!” Klaus says walking over again.

I poke my tongue out “well I’m glad!”

I turn to face Elijah, he has dark brown hair and is dressed in a very formal way.

“Hi, I’m Crys”

“Yes I know, Niklaus told me the whole thing while you were driving”

“Do you know who my grandfather is?”

“No, unfortunately. I was young and irresponsible back then and Atheana was so beautiful-“

“OKAY STOP!” I say cutting him off and covering my ears at the same time “ I don’t want to know how you boned my grandmother! Icky!!”

He chuckled before walking towards the house and motioning for me to follow.

The doors swung open and the first thing I saw was the huge railing that lined the staircase… oh my god! I bolted up the stairs taking two at a time and reached the top about the time Klaus walked through though the door.

“This is going to be so much fun!” I announced and I flung myself down the railing side-saddle. The ride down was so much fun but unfortunately I misjudged the distance and ended up flying off the end and stumbling into the arms of an unfamiliar blonde who I guessed had to be Rebecca.

“Please tell me this is dinner and not our could-be relative” she whined looking down at me sceptically

“Play nice Rebecca” Klaus warned

I composed myself before holding out my hand

“Hi I’m Crys.”

“I know” She said before walking off

“Don’t worry love, she’ll warm up to you”

“Of course she will” I say incredulously “I’m awesome ”

“Elijah show Crystal to her room, I have some business to take care of” and with that Klaus left.

Elijah lead my up the stairs and down a long hallway to my room, it was white and newly furnished with a king sized bed off to one side, a window over looking the courtyard, an en suite and a walk in wardrobe. This room is about the same size as my room at home, which people always thought was huge. I would need to get some new clothes if I were to stay here so I asked Elijah about that.

“Klaus kind of dragged me away from my hotel before I could grab clothes so do you think I could go shopping?”

“Yes of course, our family is lucky enough to have a great deal of money so if you want to decorate your room you are welcome to.”

“Woo!! I knew I would like you” I say while tapping his nose. He seemed a little bit disturbed by this action and added

“Maybe Rebecca should take you”

“Aaaw” I whined “ c’mon Elijah, we will have a great time!”

“No sorry but I have a few things to take care of”

“But Rebecca hates me”

“All the more reason for you two to bond, what do people call it? Retail therapy?”

Stupid stubborn vampires.

“Fine but ill have you know that you are sooo NOT my favourite person anymore!”

“I think I can live with that”.

To say Rebecca wasn’t pleased with this idea was an understatement. But Klaus thought it was a great idea and made her come anyway. The car ride was awkward but I was too busy staring at her shoes to notice. I could see her glancing at me from the corner of her eyes.

“What are you looking at?” she asked

“Your shoes are gorgeous!” I reply, and they were. Her red stilettoes made her plain black dress look stunning.  “I’ glad your coming now, Elijah does have some good clothes but your opinion might be more helpful” this comment made her stumble for words.

“uum, thank you?” she said doubtfully.

“Your welcome” I say smiling,

The people of the first store we stopped at obviously knew Rebecca was rich because as soon as we walked in there were at least three women tending to our every needs.

I had to try on dress after dress, all the colours were giving me a headache but it was surprisingly… fun. I managed to convince Rebecca to use compulsion on the staff and get the music turned up really loud and in about ten minutes we were dancing around in our underwear singing to Short Stack.

“I haven’t had this much fun since… ever!!” I say panting from our dance session

“Niklaus would never let me do this”

“Oh, well what he doesn’t know wont kill us” I had a feeling that Rebecca didn’t get to have much fun and that was sad but nothing was going to kill my happy mood and I went right back to dancing.

 I’m not really a dress person but bought five for Rebecca’s benefit and found I actually liked wearing them. After the first two stores Rebecca finally thought I had enough dresses and we then went to find me some more casual clothes. Over the cause of the afternoon we had been to twenty-seven shops and I had a full wardrobe with T-shirts, jackets, jeans, casual dresses, formal dresses and many, many shoes. We didn’t get off our feet until 6:00pm when we drove back to her house, stopping for dinner on the way. I had chicken nuggety goodness and she had a bag o’ blood (I had to look away for that part). 

yay! some bonding between Crys and her dead relatives! i dont think klaus likes her that much though. :(

oh and don't worry damon, stephen, elena etc. will be apearing soon! 

xoxox Amethyst.