Chapter 6:

I slowly open one eye, hearing noises coming from the other side of the room.

“You wake her up”

“No I did it yesterday”

“But today is her first day of school?”

“Which is why there is now way I’m doing it!”

I recognised the voices of Dean and Nick (another Hybrid). They have been assigned to the task of getting me up in the morning. Which is obviously something that they don’t enjoy. Klaus thought it would be hilarious to make them rip the blanket off me every morning.

It isn’t.

I could hear footsteps coming towards my bed slowly and a hand grip the covers. I snap my eyes open.

“Don’t you dare bitch!”

“But Crys, its time for school” I saw Dean make his way over so he was standing next to Nick.

“Yeah c’mon, get out of bed”

“NOOOOOoooooo” And I pulled the covers over my head

“You have to get dressed, you will be late”

“I don’t wanna” I say, my voice muffled from the doona

“There is choc chip pancakes waiting for you downstairs”

I pull down the blanket so that my eyes are showing.

“Really?”

“Yes, and they are really yummy”

“Do-do they have strawberries?”

“Yep, strawberries AND blueberries” Nick chimed in

“Aaarrrrgrggghhhh, fine!” I threw the blankets off me and got out of bed. Walking zombie like downstairs in my new pyjamas. Klaus and Elijah were already seated at the table talking about world domination or something. But my attention was focused on the GIANT plate of pancakes on the table. I sat down immediately and started eating.

“Is it really necessary to send me to school?” I ask between bites

 “Absolutely” Klaus replied, “we need you to watch the Salvatore’s, make sure they don’t stuff up our plans.”

 “I don’t even know what the plan is”

“You don’t need to, all you need to do is stick close to the people who are most likely to protect Elena” 

“I thought you said that Stefan’s humanity was turned off”

“It was, but it is slowly coming back and he now cares for Elena”

“Ok, Ok I need to watch people. How dull”

I finished my breakfast and walked back into my room having hot shower before climbing out and getting dressed. I wanted to appear weak and powerless so I wore pink ballet flats, a loose blue top and purple jeans (the most colour I have worn ever). I straightened my hair and put on some makeup before I was ready to go.

“Rebecca!” I called

“Yes?” she said appearing out of nowhere.

“Are you sure we can’t ditch and go to L.A?”

“Nik would skin us alive, no we have to go”

I pouted but followed her out of the house and into her car.

“Remember, Elena is the doppelganger. She has straight brown hair and is very annoying. Next is bonnie, you should know who she is straight away with witchy connections or something, she has dark skin and black hair. Then there is Stefan, Caroline and Damon. They are the vampires” 

“I know, I know. Klaus went over this already!”

“I’m just making sure you’re prepared”

We pulled into the parking lot of the school and I see Caroline immediately. I can spot a vampire from a mile away. It’s the way they move that makes it obvious, like graceful butterfly movements. I step out of the car and onto the curb with Rebecca following close behind me.

“We should split up before anyone see us arrive together.” Rebecca suggests.

“Copy that” I said back feeling like a secret agent. She turned to leave

“Wait! So I need to get close to Caroline to get to Elena?”

“That’s the plan”

“Ok, I think I can deal with blondie”

I take a deep breath and walk up to Caroline tapping her on the shoulder.

“Uuum excuse me” I said in a shy voice “are-are you Caroline Forbes?”

The blonde turned to me with a questioning look.

“Yeah, are you new here?”

“Yep”

“Then how do you know who I am?”

“You were miss mystic falls! Your like, famous!”

“I am? Really?” her face lit up

She was so gullible, this was going to be easy!

“Yeah, TOTALLY famous!” 

“Wow, I never realised! Hey do you need help getting to a class?”

Like taking candy from a baby.

“Yeah actually, I have history with Mr…Saltzman” I say looking down at my timetable.

“That’s what I have!” Caroline Squealed “This is like destiny!”

What she didn’t know was that Klaus had compelled the principle to give me the all the same classes as Elena and Caroline just happened to be in most of them.