Chapter 2:

After our little meeting in the alley way Klaus invites me to dinner.

“Aah, I don’t think so… I… ah, just ate” I say sceptically

“Well,” he replies sweetly “you can either have dinner with me, or I can rip your heart out through your throat”

I take a step back

“What are you afraid of love? We are family after all”

“Yeah, I know what you do to your family,” I say referencing the two brothers that he carts around in coffins.

“I will un-dagger them when the time is right”

Klaus takes a seat and points towards the chair that is next to his. I would really like to keep my heart in my chest so I sit down slowly and take a nervous breath.

“Would you like something to drink?” he asks calling the waiter over. I just shake my head.

While Klaus finishes his brandy he rambles on about something or another that I’m not listening to. Wow, this man loves the sound of his own voice.

“ So I figure I would take you mystic falls,” he said finishing his conversation

“Yeah whatever, …wait… WHAT?” I ask realising what he just said

“ If you are my living descendent I would like to know”

“I’m not going to mystic falls with you!”

“That’s funny, I don’t remember giving you a choice in the matter”

“But I thought you said that it wasn’t you”

“Yes well, I lied. The truth is Aneatha liked to… play around. So I can’t be sure if it was me or one of my brothers.” 

“So you are saying that we have to go to mystic falls, so I can see if you or one of your brothers is my grandfather because you all slept with the same girl who happened to be my grandmother who, I just found out, is a slut?”

“Yep, that just about sums it up”

“Oh ok” I say defeated as I lean back in my chair. “And we have to go to mystic falls why?”

“Because I know a witch there who can perform the spell I need”

“Hey!” I say offended “ I can do any spell that she can do!”

“And also my brothers, your potential grandfathers, are in storage there and we need a sample of their blood for the spell to work.”

“Fine, but I’m not going willingly” I say as I cross my arms over my chest.

“I can work around that” he got up in a blur and before I knew it, I was over his shoulder and he was carrying me out of the restaurant and into his car.

Despite my many protests Klaus starts driving us to mystic falls. The drive there will take us about twelve hours and by the third hour I am already bored.

“Do you wanna play a game?” I ask

“No”

“Do you wanna… sing a song?”

“No”

“Do you wanna say something other than no?”

“No”

I sigh “ I bet Elijah would be more fun”

“Well when we find him he can be your babysitter!” and he goes back to driving.

My mind is starting to turn to mush because of all the silence so I get my iPod out of my pocket and start listening to a song by pink.

I don’t notice that I am singing along until Klaus yanks my iPod out of my hands and tosses it out of the open window.

“What the hell Klaus??” I yell for the second time that night

“Your voice is irritating”

“Someone really needs to pull that stick out of your’ armadillo!”

“Armadillo?” he repeats amused

“What?” I say defensively “I don’t like swearing, ok!”

Klaus looks back at the road shaking his head and smiling.

“You are very unusual”

I snort, “ Yeah, that’s one way to describe me”

“It is hard to believe that you are related to us”

“Why? Because I’m just too awesome?”

“Something like that”

“Fine” I say sighing

“Fine what?” he asks confused

“Fine, ill be your sidekick”

He doesn’t seem as happy about it as I thought he would be.

“Sorry love but I don’t need a sidekick, besides you will be too busy with your school work”

What did he just say!

“School?!?! I’m going to school?!?!”

“Yes, you will have to be in mystic falls for a while and I don’t want you hanging around because…well, because you’re annoying”

“So your sending me to hell?!? Just because you don’t know how awesome I can be?!?!”

“It would look that way”

“Aarg!!! Fine!! But if they give me homework I’m killing everyone!”

“That doesn’t bother me”

 How I fell asleep stuck in a car with a psychotic vampire I will never know but nine hours later I was being roughly shaken awake as we drove towards a sign that said, “welcome to mystic falls!”

I shot out my hand and a ball of fire flew at the sign, melting the metal. Tires screeched as Klaus hit the breaks and I was jolted violently.

“What did you do that for?” I ask irritated

“Me? Why did you melt the sign?”

“I am tired and the sign was too cheerful. It needed to die.” I state like it is the most obvious thing in the world.

Klaus shakes his head and starts driving again and I curl back into my original position with my head on the window, but the sun is hitting my eyes directly and I cant seem to get back to sleep.

“Why is it so bright?”

“Because it is three in the afternoon”

I look at the clock on the dash-board

“oh, make it go away!”

“I will ask the sun nicely shall I?” he says sarcastically

I roll my eyes “I have to do everything around here”

With a wave of my hand and a Latin incantation the world grows darker as a thick cloud blocks the annoying sun. Much better.

“You are a very powerful little witch aren’t you”.

“Yep” I say yawning “I’m epic”