Prologue

"C'mon sis!" I call out behind me, running through the forest with a little girl with long (h/c) hair, grey eyes, and (s/c) skin trailing behind me.
    I skidded to a stop before a very large cave looming before me. My sister catching her breath next to me. "Sis... maybe we should go back. We shouldn't be this far from mom and dad." She said in a worried tone, fiddling with her fingers.
    "Ugh. We will be fine, mom and dad are just a call away. Besides if they would've came with us, we would be on the boring trail." I rolled my (e/c) eyes looking up then back to my little sis.
    "Exactly! That where we are supposed to be! Not out here in the middle of the forest!" My little sister protested.
    "But where is the fun in that!? Out here we can really see the forest for what it is not just on some boring old trail." I retorted, walking towards a large cave. 
    "Are you sure it's safe?" My little sister asked, cautiously approaching the cave.
    "Yeah! Don't worry bears wouldn't be in caves this time of the year." I said, giving her a reassuring smile.
    "How do you know?" Sis questioned, crossing her arms.
    "Because I'm the oldest." I said, with a smirk, pointing to my chest with my thumb.
    She rolled her eyes, "That's not an answer."
    I ignore her, walking into the cave. "Hey! Wait up!" Sis called out, running after me. She walked beside me as we entered the darkness, I couldn't see anything.
    My confidence slowly started to disappear and I let my sister hug my arm. "I'm scared." She whimpered.
    "D-Don't worry! I'll protect you! Nothing can bother you when I'm around." I chirped, trying to keep the fear out of my voice.
    All of a sudden a blue light filled my vision. The cave walls lined with blue light as we went deeper into the cave. I look around the cave in awe, stopping midway to look at the ceiling which glowed in a similar pattern as the stars.
    "Woah." Me and my sister breathed out in awe. I was about to walk deeper into the cave till I heard a low growl behind me. I turned around see a mountain lion lunging straight for my sister.
    I reacted quickly, pushing my little sister out of the way. The big cat landed on top of me, pinning me to the ground.
    One of its giant paws came over my eyes, scratching it as I tried to wiggle away. I screamed out in pain and fear, tears streaming down my cheeks.
    I used my arms to put pressure on the panther's neck to prevent its jaws clamping down around my throat.
    I look over next to me seeing a large rock. I used one hand to grab it and knocked the panther's muzzle. It roared in pain, jumping off.
    It then growled, about to pounce again till rocks were thrown at the large cat. "Stay away from my sister!" My little sister called out, throwing rocks at the big cat.
    It roared in protest and started to back away. I begin throwing rocks as well, one of my throws striking the big cat in the head. It meowed in pain and annoyance, turning around and bolting out of the cave.
    I dropped the rock in my hand and took my hand to my eye. "Are you ok sis!?" My little sister asked me, crouching down to my side.
    "It hurts." I whimpered, while holding my hand over my eye, trying to stop the bleeding as the wound pulsed in pain. My sister hugged me trying her best to comfort my shaking and crying form.
Present day
    The flash back ended as I stared at the cave in front of me the one cave me and my sister found when we were young. Subconsciously I took my left hand bringing it to my left eye which was now blind.
    The scar from the mountain lion was hardly noticeable, but my eye wasn't left unscathed. The eye was now a lighter color and the pupil was a much lighter (e/c) instead of black.
    I walked into the cave, my hand dropping back to my side. I was merely eight at that time, my sister being five, all that time I had no clue this was a historical sight.
    I walked into the cave, the same blue light glowing in the cave. I came towards the end, seeing a tile that had a shape of a hand print.
    I gave it a curious look, then placed my hand on the tile. The tile around my hand glowed yellow, the lights around the cave glowing yellow as well, replacing the blue.
    The cave wall opened to reveal a small pendant that looked like a Star. I took it without hesitation, feeling a pull towards it.
    I walk out of the cave, slipping the pendant in my pocket as I walked through the forest. It was about an hour walk till I came to the plains where a couple of houses sat alongside a dirt road. I walked up to the house that had a cabin sort of look. I walked inside saying "I'm home!" I called out.
    Then sighed, placing the pendant on the table to study on later. Looking around the house, I silently wish I wasn't alone.

Hello author here! Thank you so much for taking interest in this book. If any of the characters are acting out of place or wrong please let me know. Also only two Templar's will be in this story which is Haytham and Shay. Anyway thanks for reading and I promise it will get better over time. See ya later