Decisions To Make

Esther and I stand on the staircase, looking at the people below us. Waiters were passing out champagne, the champagne that contained the essence of Elena's blood. Esther had handed me a glass of champagne. When I looked closer, I could see that my champagne wasn't tinted red like the rest were. I find Damon and Stefan in the crowd below us, watching Esther and me. I smile lightly to them and they return it. I look past them and see Elijah with Elena. They're talking and I know Elijah's trying to figure out why his mother wanted to see us. Esther taps her spoon against her glass, the sound silencing the crowd.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," Esther says, "waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!"

"Cheers," the crowd replies. I sip my champagne and watch as each of the Originals drinks the wine. I can tell that Elijah is reluctant, but when he sees Elena drink the wine, he does as well. Esther starts to walk back up the stairs, but she stops when she's on the same stair as me.

"I expect to see you here tomorrow morning," Esther says.

"And you will see me here tomorrow morning," I answer.

She smiles, "it would be easier for me if you were to just live here."

I smile back and shake my head, "thank you but I prefer where I am now."

She nods, "if you ever decide you need a new home, you're always welcome here."

"Thank you," I say to her smiling. She nods and continues up the stairs. I walk down the stairs and try to find Damon, but Klaus gets to me first.

"Hello luv, enjoying the evening," he asks me.

I smile and nod, "yes, it's a lovely ball your mother put together."

"Speaking of my mother," Klaus says, "what did she want from you and Elena?"

"She wanted to apologize to Elena about you and your siblings' behavior," I answer.

"And what did she want with you," Klaus asks.

"She wanted to apologize for Mikael's behavior in New Orleans," I answer.

Klaus sighs, "New Orleans, 1919, now that was a city that we could call home."

I nod, "I agree, it was a wonderful city before Mikael showed up."

He sighs, "My father the destroyer."

I sigh, "If you'll excuse me, Klaus, I'm looking for Damon."

He smiles, "I saw him with Elena in the sitting room."

I smile back, "thank you." I continue through the hall and open the door to the sitting room. There's no one in there. I sigh and search the house. I can't find them anywhere. I climb up the stairs to check the second story, but Elijah stops me.

"Cordelia," he calls from the ground.

I stop and turn to look at him, "yes?"

"We're doing a family toast," Elijah says, "join us?" I smile and walk back down the stairs and join Elijah as he leads me to the living room. When we walk in, I see that all the Originals are there except for Kol.

"Where's Kol," I ask them.

"He's coming," Klaus answers, "after he stares at his reflection for another fifty years." We all hear something drop to the ground outside, making us turn to the walls.

"What the bloody hell was that," Gwen asks. We all shrug and walk out of the living room. We make our way to the front door and find that Stefan and Elena are already rushing out.