Senior Prank Night

When I wake up, the first thing I see is Klaus. I jolt upright and see that I'm in a motel room.

"Morning," Klaus says to me.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair, "what happened last night?" Klaus sighs and from the look on his face, I know whatever happened last night wasn't good.

"After you left, I had the rest of them drink the blood," Klaus says, "they all ended up the same way. Some of them went rogue. Some I killed and the others just bled out. In the end it was all the same, they all died."

I gasp, "But how?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. We did everything right, I did everything right. I broke my curse, I killed a werewolf, I killed a vampire, and I killed the doppelganger." I remain silent and stare at my hands. Klaus takes my silence as a clue that I know something. "I killed them didn't I," Klaus asks.

I nod, not meeting his eyes, "they're dead aren't they?" Klaus pulls my face up and I look into his eyes. They move in and I know he's compelling me.

"Are they all dead," Klaus asks me.

I shake my head, unwillingly, "Elena's alive. Bonnie cast a spell so that way when she died, John would take her place and Elena would come back." Klaus sighs and gets up from his chair. I look around the room and close my eyes. I know that I've made the biggest mistake.

"We're returning to Mystic Falls," Klaus says.

"Why," I ask, "killing Elena isn't going to let you make hybrids."

"No, but her being alive definitely puts a kink in the problem," Klaus says, "I'm going to ask Bonnie to find a solution to my problem; otherwise I'm going to kill Elena."

"You're gonna kill Elena," I ask, "again?"

"If killing her means getting what I want than yes," he says, "Elena's not the only reason we're returning to Mystic Falls."

"What's the other reason," I ask.

"You can't seem to understand that I won't tolerate you talking to your old friends. Yes, I heard you and Stefan last night and then you and Damon. Do you take me for a fool?"

I shake my head, "of course not."

"Then you will do exactly as I say," Klaus says, "you can come willingly or you can come by force. It's your choice." I sigh; I know what my answer is and so does he. "Get dressed," he says, walking out, "we're leaving in 10 minutes after I see if my sister's awake." As soon as the door closes, I scramble for my phone. When I find it, I speed dial Damon's number. He picks up on the second ring.

"Cecily," he asks.

"Damon I need you to listen to me," I say frantically, "Klaus is coming for Elena tonight. He compelled me to tell him the truth. I had no choice. We're coming back to Mystic Falls and he's gonna kill Elena if Bonnie doesn't figure out why we can't make hybrids."

"Whoa whoa slow down," Damon says, "you're coming back tonight?"

"Yes," I say, "and I think Klaus woke Gwen up."

"What do you mean woke up," Damon asks.

"Damon I don't have time to explain it, just ask Stefan he'll tell you everything," I say, "you need to keep Elena safe. I can't help you, Klaus has already compelled me once, he'll do it again if I don't cooperate."

"Tonight is senior prank night," Damon says, "they're all at the school setting up."

"I need you and Stefan there," I say, "we're leaving in 10 minutes and it'll take us at least five hours to get there."