𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

Nikki's POV

                   Three days could not possibly go by any slower.  Constantly waiting and waiting until my special day-  my sixteenth birthday.  I'd be able to visit- no possibly LIVE on Earth.  I'm actually quite shocked my parents are allowing this!  And I'm by myself.  

                 I jumped out of my bed frantically.  I'm sixteen.  Oh my god, IM SIXTEEN!  I quickly changed into my everyday clothes and ran to my parents.  

"DAD, MOM, I'M SIXTEEN!"  I yelled very loudly as I ran to my dad, attacking him in a hug.

"wow, who would have known?"  Rocket said sarcastically from the corner of the room. 

                 I turned to face him and stuck my tongue out at him, nothing was going to ruin my mood.  I'm so excited.  I broke away from my hug with my dad and ran to my mom next.  She kissed my forehead gently and told me a "Happy Birthday" along with an "I love you."  I smiled at her and looked over to Drax who had a straight emotionless face.  I smiled at him and he soon gave in and smiled back as he opened his arms for a hug.  I ran straight to him and hugged him.  "Happy Birthday Kid,"  He said tearing up a bit.  He patted my back and he sniffled and my dad spoke up.

"Drax, dude, are you crying?"  He asked shocked.  Drax pulled away from the hug and wiped his eyes.

 "No,  my eyes just- hurt."  He said obviously lying.

       Next was Mantis.  She ran right up to me and squeezed me tight.  My happiness and excitement transferred to her as well and she was just as excited as I was.  "Happy Birthday Nikki!"  She squealed.  I smiled at her and thanked her.  

            Next, I hugged Groot.  He looked worried and concerned.  I smiled sympathetically and hugged him.  "I am Groot-"  He said.  I smiled at him this time wholeheartedly "Thanks,  and I will."  I kissed Groot's cheek as a small thank you and made my way over to a corner to say hello to my raccoon friend, well sort of friend.  

          As I made my way to the darkened corner I found Rocket looking down.  I kneeled down to his height and smiled at him and tried to get his attention.  

"Rocket,"  I started,  no response.  "Rocket,"  He still kept looking down fiddling with his fingers- or paws, whatever they are.  "Rocket,"  I said now pleading "C'mon!  Ya know, this may just be the last time you see me-"  As I said that, Rocket did something I never imagined him doing, he hugged me.  I hesitantly hugged him back and laughed.  I pulled away and smiled.  

"Wow, you're giving hugs now I see."  I spat at him as I giggled slightly.  

"Shut up kid."  He started the conversation, now looking at me.  "Happy Birthday Kid, and be careful out there."  He said quietly.  

"Will do!"  I said and fake saluted.  He chuckled at my little gesture and my dad called me over to get presents.  

---

         As far as presents go, I was very fortunate this year.  I usually just get some small things from everyone.  This year I did well!  Rocket got me a watch, which is supposedly supposed to protect me from danger.  He said he metaled with it so it could shoot lasers if I was ever in danger.  Drax gave me a bracelet that had gems and was made out of strings.  He said it was his daughter's before she died, I was shocked that he even gave this to me.  But before I could protest, he told me She would have wanted me to have it, along with a whole speech about how in a way I was his daughter too.  Mantis handed me a rock.  I had no idea what type of rock it was but she said it was important.  It had tones of purple and brown.  I shrugged at the girl and laughed.  I gave her a confused thank you.  Groot held out his hand in front of me and grew me a beautiful flower right out of his hand.  It was my favorite flower, a Sunflower.  I smiled and took it from him and placed it in my hair.  I told him how much I loved the flower and thanked him.  I thought I was all done with presents until my dad came out of a room with my mom and they were holding two boxes.  

          I look over to them confused, but happy I was getting more presents.  My dad came up to me and told me to sit down.  Before I knew it, everyone was surrounding me.  

"Now, Nikita.  Before my mom passed when I was younger, she gave me something."  He looked like he was ready to cry, "I want you to have it,  but first I want you to take this." He handed me the first box.  I opened the lid to the box carefully to find a walkman with neon orange headphones.  I looked to where you put the tape and there was nothing in it.  My dad must have noticed my confusion and handed me the smaller box.  This time it was covered in wrapping paper.  I carefully opened the paper and then the box.  Inside was a mixtape that had a label on it that read.  "Awesome Mix Vol. 1"  I starred up at my dad to see that he was starting to cry.  "Dad,"  I started as I hugged him.  He held me in his arms as he spoke up.  "If you do decide to stay on Earth, I want you to take this with you.  Something to remind you of home kiddo."  He said pulling away.  My mom came up behind him to comfort him.  "Now Nikki, be careful.  You can stay on Earth for a little while before you make up your mind to stay there or not.  Okay?"  "Okay, mom,"  I replied to her and hugged her one last time.  

---

         This was it,  I was going to Earth.  My parents gave me a small backpack to put everything I needed in and I made sure to pack the Walkman and Mixtape.  I was ready to go.  I said all my goodbyes and threw on a sweatshirt and was dropped off on Earth.