𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤

Nikki's POV

           "BUT DAD!" I whined disappointedly.  Well, this was it, I've finally done it.  I'm in big trouble this time.  Growing up I wouldn't say I was a devil, but I still did some pretty bad stuff.  But this time, Ugh boy was I in for it.  After many many many MANY warnings from both my mom and my dad, I finally took the ship out for a spin.  It's NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK!  I was with Drax, and Rocket and Groot, so I wasn't alone!  I can't possibly be the only one to blame.  I was snapped out of my thoughts when my dad spoke up again.  

"No Nikki, this is the last straw.  I LITERALLY TOLD YOU TO NEVER DRIVE THE SPACESHIP!"  He said sternly with my mom Gamora standing next to him with her arms crossed over her chest.  

"Nikki, we talked about this." My mother said softly.  No matter how nice she tried to make it sound, I knew she was upset with me.  I sighed softly before answering.  

"I know... I'm sorry mom, sorry dad."  I said half-heartedly.  This did not phase my dad, he has had it with me.  

"No!  Nikita, you said that last time!  And the time before that!"  He breathed heavily as he paced around me a bit.  I always knew dad had a temper, that's one of the many things I inherited from him.  I was able to inherit a lot more from my mom, her green skin that I had when I was younger only stuck around for a couple of years.  However, her strength and agility I got from her will last for a long time.  As for the anger, that's all my dad.  "NIKITA ARE YOU LISTENING!"  My dad screamed.  At this point, everyone else had already known to leave the room as soon as possible.  

"Dad I said I'm sorry!  What more do you want from me!  I'm fifteen!"  I argued back, soon remembering my research Rocket helped me with.  "Ya know dad,  I've been doing research on your home planet and-" 

"Here we go again."  My mother stated shaking her head as she glanced at my father for a reaction.  

"I'm just saying  in your homeworld by sixteen, I can drive!"  I said proudly.  

"Not a SPACESHIP Nikki!"  My mom said placing her hands on her hips in frustration.  

"Oh.  Well its kinda the same thing really..." I stated, getting quiet out of embarrassment. 

"THE SAME THING!?"  My dad yelled throwing his hands in the air.   My mom walked over to him and pulled him aside to talk.  

              I look to my left to see Drax, Mantis, Groot, and Rocket leaning against the wall eavesdropping in on our argument.  

"Can I help you guys!?"  I said frustrated.  Groot just replied with the same old "I am Groot."  and walked out.  As for Mantis, she ran away and pulled Drax with her.  Rocket looked at me dead on and smirked.  

"No, you've already helped us plenty."  He said sniggering as he walked off.  I watched him leave as I stuck my tongue at him behind his back.  "stupid trash panda."  I mumbled under my breath as my parents walked back in staring me down as if I just destroyed a planet.  

"The three of us need to have a talk... Now."   

---

             "I don't understand what there is to talk about!"  I complained now sitting down in a separate room with both my parents sitting across from me.  My father went to scold me again until my mom spoke up to avoid him losing his temper again.  

"Nikki, I think it's time we discussed your behavior."  I mentally groaned.   Not this again, "you need to behave better."  or "we talked about this."   This is the last thing I want to hear.  

"Nikki, your father and I have been thinking-"  She started

"I need to behave, yeah I know."  I interrupted, hastily.  

"Hey don't interrupt your mother!"  My dad spat.  My mom held out her arm to hold him back.  "You don't behave well at all.   It's unbelievable where you get it from!"  My mother glared at him while I rolled my eyes.  

"Well gee Dad, I can't help it! I spend most of my time with Big Guy over here!"  I claimed to point over to the exposed window with everyone eavesdropping, directing most of the blame on Drax.  Once my parents saw them, they ran for the hills.   My mother rolled her eyes.  

"Nikki, that doesn't give you an excuse for him being a moron," My mother replied.  I simply just rolled my eyes staring at the ground.  

"What I was trying  to say was, we, " She cleared her throat, "Your father and I, think you need to grow up a little more."

"WHAT!?  I am grown up!"  I exclaimed.  "I'M ALMOST SIXTEEN!" 

"EXACTLY!"  My father said now grinning.  "Now that your older, you need to take responsibility.  And as for driving my ship, you're grounded.  

unbelievable.