Chapter 43

"... so then you know... he kissed me. My first kiss and he just took it. It made me furiously mad. Not just then of course but later. Still...," I had to pause just there as memories of my anger resurfaced.

Claude took my hand in his and murmured soothingly. "Well I for one am rather glad. I could have just as easily .... unwittingly been your first kiss. I wouldn't have wanted all this anger directed at me," he whispered softly and with a mock shudder had me grinning.

"It was entirely my fault that you kissed me at all. You were angry. You kissed me in anger. I could understand that. I seem to produce something like that response in Billy as well. I guess it was my fault that it happened at all. I tried to blame it on Billy but it was I who passed it on to my friend and the fact that she passed it on again was my fault also. I know her for what she is. I knew she couldn't have kept something like that to herself. I honestly didn't expect you to actually be the Italian Stallion," I muttered unhappily.

Claude's arm came around my shoulders. "Its okay. It was bound to come out somehow. I guess if it hadn't been you it would have just been someone else. Afterall if your Billy knew others would have known too. I was stupid in even thinking that I could hide it. That I could start anew," Claude sighed heavily. I took his other hand in my grip trying to rub in some level of comfort. I hurt that he suffered so. All because of me. I know I had asked Billy to make things right for him, but how? How could it be made right at all?

"Shhh," Claude whispered drawing me close. I laid my head on his chest and tried to hold back in on my stubborn tears. But they poured out regardless.

"Why? Why does he keep doing that to me? He is just so... so provoking," I gasped out with a heavy breath. Just thinking of Billy could send my blood to boil. But then there were parts of him that were entirely irresistible too. Too irresistible altogether. I shook my head against Claude's chest and burrowed into him trying to breathe.

"Shhh," he whispered again calmingly. I gulped in a deep breath and tried to do just that.