Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Zed awoke screaming in her bed, the covers flying everywhere. Aunt Dis was in the room, but she was unable to wake Zed and and she stayed in her nightmare. When she awoke she tried to make Zed a little calmer.

"What's wrong, Zedra? What was your nightmare about?" Aunt Dis asked her in her calming

voice.

"It was terrible. Instead of killing Verded, I had to kill you and Dunrik and Tedv." She was shaking furiously. Just then, Dunrik and Tedv rushed into the room.

"What's going on?" Dunrik asked. He was very worried. Aunt Dis looked at him.

"We need to talk. Tedv, you stay here with Zed. No complaints." You could see that Tedv was going to protest, but he knew that this was serious. Tedv nodded at Aunt Dis and then she and Dunrik left the room.

"Are you ok, Zed?" Tedv asked. Zed just looked at Tedv and then he smiled. "Want to hear a joke, Zed?" Zed smiled. She loved Tedv's jokes. "Ok, what do you get when you pour boiling water down a rabbit hole?" Zed shrugged. She never knew the answers to Tedv's jokes. "You get hot cross bunnies!" Zed laughed. "Did you hear about that new broom? It's sweeping the nation!" Zed laughed again. Tedv was very good at telling jokes. Then Aunt Dis and Dunrik walked into the room again.

"What have you been doing, Tedv?" asked Aunt Dis. She looked a little worried.

"I was telling her jokes," Tedv said. Zed nodded with Tedv.

"Ok then. That was a good idea, Tedv. Well done." Dunrik smiled at Tedv. "Zed, are you feeling better now?" Zed nodded again. It was good that Tedv had told her those jokes.

The next day Aunt Dis let Zedra out of bed. As she wondered around she discovered that they were in the cave that Maiden lived in. She also saw that there was another man in the house.

"Hello, Zedra," he said as she walked into the living room for the first time after the fight with Verded. He was an old man, with grey hair but he had very few wrinkles on his face. He wore clothes similar to Dunrik, a shirt that was like Zed's dress but much shorter and pants. He also wore leather boots that were very muddy and frayed. "I'm Edmund. You must be Zedra." He stood up and shook Zed's hand. She felt a little awkward, like she should know this man but she didn't have a clue who he was or what he ment to Zed. She looked at Aunt Dis and she just sighed.

"Edmund is my uncle, Zedra. He is one of the people going with us to the Capitol." Zed stared at her blankly.

"The Capitol?"

"The center of Aquadrala," she told Zed.

"Are we going to the Capitol?" Zed hadn't been told any of this.

"Yes, we are."

"Why?"

"Because you have to be crowned the Queen of Aquadrala before the end of this moon." This time it was Edmund that said it.

"What?" She had not expected any of this.

"I thought you knew!" said Dunrik. He had just entered the room and somehow he knew what the were talking about.

"No..." She tried to remember if Aunt Dis had told her anything.

"No, I didn't tell her." Edmund stared at Aunt Dis.

"Why not?" he demanded of Aunt Dis. He seemed pretty mad.

"Look uncle, I'm not going to argue the decisions I have already made to the benifit of Zedra." She sounded like she wanted to make herself important, and it had worked. "Ok, you win. But I will get an answer out of you one day, Dis." He looked pretty defeted. "How do you do that? I mean, every time I argue with you, you always win!" Aunt Dis just smiled at herself and Zed, Tedv and Dunrik laughed. After a bit, Edmund smiled and shook his head at Aunt Dis. You could never tell that these people were going on a quest that could transform their lives...

The End