Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Zed awoke the next morning with a bad feeling in her stomach. She knew that something bad was going to happen today. She lay in bed, wondering how she was in water.

If I'm underwater, how am I on the ground? Why am I not floating around?

You're a Watergirl. All Waterpeople stay on the ground if they're in water. It a part of their nature, Chell said. He was very good at explaining things that Zed didn't know.

How didn't I know I was underwater?

You can breathe underwater. Didn't you know that?

No. But Chell was gone. Bored, Zed sat up. She looked around the room and she saw Tedv sleeping on a matterss next to hers. He was still asleep, so Zed quietly went to Aunt Dis and Dunrik's room. She peered into the room to see that they were also sleeping. Quietly, she walked back to the room she shared with Tedv. She sat down on the bed and waited for someone to wake up. She didn't know what time it was, so she didn't risk waking someone up early in the morning. Then Zed heard a groan. It was Tedv. He rolled over and opened his eyes. He looked at Zed and groaned.

"What time is it?" He asked. He rolled over onto his back and put his hands behind his head.

"I don't know. I can't tell down here. Aunt Dis and Dunrik aren't awake yet, so I couldn't ask them. Do you know?"

"I asked you in the first place. It usually means that the person doesn't know, in case you didn't notice." He sighed then he closed his eyes again.

"Don't go to sleep again!" Zed flung her hands on his bare chest to wake him up. "Wake up, Tedv!" she shouted quietly. She didn't want to wake anyone else up.

"Zed, get off me! I'm awake!" He also shouted quietly. Zed obediently got off him, and he sat up. Then she realised she was in the same clothes as when she went to work a few days ago and that she was starving.

"Are you hungry Tedv? I am."

"Yes, I'm starving."

"Should we wake Aunt Dis up to cook us something?"

"No. Definitely not. Keep your voice down." Zed nodded and looked at Tedv. She then got up and walked around the room. She was bored and she wanted something to eat. Then she heard some talking from the room next door. Aunt Dis and Dunrik were finaly awake.

After a few minutes, Aunt Dis and Dunrik came into their room to wake them up. They were already awake, so they didn't have to.

"Aunt Dis, I'm hungry." Zed said.

"I know dear, I am too. Would you like me to cook something?" Zed and Tedv nodded furiously. She and Tedv were starving, so they wanted Aunt Dis to cook something. She smiled and walked out of the bedroom to the kitchen.

"You should get dressed, Tedv. I don't think Maiden will appreciate it if you are half naked. Are you wearing your..." Dunrik left it hanging. He looked at Zed and then back at Tedv. Tedv nodded once at Dunrik. "Why don't you come with me, Zed. Let's leave Tedv in peace to get dressed." Zed obediently followed Dunrik to the kitchen. She sat down at the table and waited for Aunt Dis to finish making breakfast. She was making something Zed hadn't seen before, and it looked very exotic. Zed hoped it would taste good, even though she was underwater. She thought that it might get soggy.

"I've finished making breakfast. Dunrik, can you go and get Tedv?" Dunrik nodded and went to go and get him. Aunt Dis put out plates for everyone and then she put a green pancake on everyone's plate. Starving, Zed quickly ate the pancake. It was very good. "Aunt Dis, what is this?" Zed asked.