Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Zed and Elisabeth arrived home later that day with a new top and shorts for Zed to wear to Tedv's party that night. The top was made of cotton coloured blue with pale yellow straps and neckline. On the top were orange and green stripes and the shorts came to just above Zed's knees and were made of denim. When Zed showed Aunt Dis she was impressed.

"You did very well choosing clothes for tonight. I would have expected you to come home with nothing."

"Well, it took a long time but we finally found clothes for tonight." Zed said. She was quite proud of finding the clothes.

It was 5:30 when Aunt Dis, Tedv and Zed started to get ready for Tedv's party. She got dressed into her clothes she brought for that night, some silver sandals and she kept on her necklace from her mother. It complimented her silver sandals. Once Zed was dressed, she headed downstairs to find Tedv searching around the room, topless. He was only wearing his brown shorts with a belt.

"Tedv, what are you doing?" Zed asked. He spun around, surprised that she was there.

"I... I'm... I'm looking for something."

"What are you looking for?"

"Something."

"If you tell me I could help you find it."

"You wouldn't understand."

"Yes I would."

"No you wouldn't."

"Yes I would." Then a figure appeared in the hallway.

"What are you up to now you two?" Aunt Dis asked.

"She started it."

"No, he started it."

"Ok, who was here first?" Aunt Dis asked.

"I was. Then Zed came downstairs."

"Tedv was looking for something and I wanted to help him but he wouldn't tell me what it looked like." Aunt Dis then looked at Tedv.

"It might be time I had a talk to you, Tedv," she said. Tedv opened his mouth to protest. It he closed it, knowing what would happen if he did. Tedv then walked back to his room sulkily, with Aunt Dis not far behind him. Zed sighed and sat down at a chair in the kitchen. Then there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Zed shouted. She ran to the door and saw Dunrik waiting there.

"Hi, Zed! Where's your aunt?" He asked

"Up in Tedv's room, telling him off, I think. I can't hear any yelling, but Aunt Dis looked pretty mad when she found out that Tedv was looking for something in the kitchen." "Ok. Are you ready to go?"

"Yes."

"Can you tell your aunt that I'm here and that we should get going now?" Zed nodded and raced upstairs to Tedv's room. She knocked on the door and opened it. Tedv was still topless, and he looked pale.

"Dunrik's here and he said to tell you that we should get going soon." Zed said.

"Ok. Tell him that I'll be down there soon with Tedv. You can stay with Dunrik until I come." Zed sighed and ran back downstairs to meet Dunrik. He was still waiting at the door.

"Aunt Dis says she and Tedv will be down soon and I have to stay with you." Zed said.

"Ok. We'll wait for them outside." Dunrik said. For Tedv's party he was wearing black shorts that ended just above his knees, a navy blue shirt with a collar and he had a silver chain around his neck. Zed couldn't see the pendant because it was hidden underneath his shirt.