Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Aunt Dis ran her fingers through Zed's hair. She had been uncouncious for a while now, two days after the fight with Verded. It was quite a scare for both of them, Zedra only just knowing that she was a Watergirl. As Aunt Dis was running her hand through Zed's hair again, she began to stir. She opened her eyes and looked around the room. Then she tried to sit up but Aunt Dis forced her back down again.

"Don't sit up, Zed. You'll make your head start to bleed again." Her voice was nice and calm. Zed did not push against Aunt Dis, as she was tired. "How are you feeling?" Aunt Dis asked.

"Alright. What happened? Why did my necklace burn? Why is there a circle on my chest? How..." Aunt Dis put her fingers on Zed's lips.

"It's ok. Dunrik and I will explain everything to you when you are better. We can't risk you stressing and your head bleeding again. Besides, aren't you tried?" Aunt Dis was right. Zed was tired. But this was more important.

"Aunt Dis, what happened? I need to know, now," Zed protested. Just as she said that, there was a knock on the door and Dunrik entered.

"I heard voices, and I know Dis doesn't talk to herself, so I gathered that Zed was awake. Then I heard her trying to stress herself to know what was happening." Dunrik looked at Aunt Dis. "I think that she needs to know." Aunt Dis nodded. Dunrik then sat on the end of Zed's bed and he looked as if he was going to stay in the room for a while but Aunt Dis showed no signs of leaving the room.

"So, are you telling me what happened and why my necklace burns and why I have a circle on my chest and what it means to be the Cha­"

Aunt Dis cut her short. "Do you think that this is a good idea, Dunrik?"

"Yes, I do. Trust me." He looked at Aunt Dis. Then he looked back at Zed. "So, what do you want to know first?"

Zed thought for a moment. What did she want to know first? "Why does my necklace burn?"

Dunrik looked at Aunt Dis and thought for a moment. "Well Zed, you are a very special Wathergirl, and the Demerguntur Terra has been waiting for you."

"Hang on, what's Demerguntur Terra?" Zed asked.

"One question at a time. Demerguntur Terra is Latin for Submerged Earth, and it is the underwater world."

"But, what about Aquadrala?"

"Aquadrala is a country inside of Demerguntur Terra, and I think that it's the smallest. So, anyway, Demerguntur Terra has been waiting for you." Zed listened, intrigued. "Zed, your mother gave you your necklace, didn't she?" Zed nodded. "Zed, people recognised you by your necklace because that is a famous necklace." Dunrik paused for a moment. "That is the necklace given to a Magicis Aquadralan Queen." Zed gasped.

"So, am I the Queen of Aquadrala?"

Dunrik nodded. "And a Magicis one too. They're very rare, and when they are born, Aquademons try it steal the baby to raise the child as an Aquademon so they can take over the throne. A few decades ago they did steal a Magicis Aquadralan Prince and things turned very ugly, very quickly. He's still alive, and the Aquademons still have hope in taking over the throne again. Their plan is to kill off your line, and because the next in throne is him, he will gain the throne and the Aquademons will rule Aquadrala again, and they will eventually take over the world." Zed suddenly realised how important she was. If she died, then the country would be run by Aquademons, and they would kill everyone who who was a Waterperson.

"But you didn't answer my question. Why does my necklace burn?" Zed asked.

"Oh, sorry about that. Just telling you the background information that you will need to know to know why your necklace burns. It burns because you are using the power you have, and that is what the necklace is designed to do. Do you understand?" Zed nodded. There was a moment of silence. She then launched into her next question. "What is the Chalber Child and what does it mean to be it?" Dunrik sighed.

"Zed, you have to understand that we are learning things too and we are telling you all we know, even if it's not much. And with the Chalber Child, we don't know much about that. All we know is that there was a prophecy made about the Chalber Child hundreds of years ago and it was made for you and Verded. The prophecy also says that you will go on a journey and then make a decision." He paused for a moment. "The prophecy also says that on the journey you will lose someone that goes with you and that someone in your family will betray you." Zed hung her head down. What had she done?

"Do you have any other questions, Zedra?" asked Aunt Dis. Zed nodded.

"Why do I have a circle on my chest?"

"That's a simple question," Dunrik answered. "The circle is the symbol for the Chalber Child. It is also on the prophecy about the Chalber One. Is there anything else you want to know?" Zed nodded again.

"Who are you?" Zed didn't know if the question was stupid or not. Dunrik paused his lips for a moment.

"I was wondering if you were going to ask that. After finding out that we're all Waterpeople we may be a little different to what we were on the land." He looked at Aunt Dis for a moment. "I am a Feeder and a Bodygard." Zed stared at Dunrik blankly. "Ok, so a Feeder means that I take information from the water to the land, and a Bodygard means that I am trained as a solider. Put them together with the fact that I also see you every day and that means that I protect you, expecially out of the water." Zed nodded. It was a lot to take in. "Is that all?" He asked. Zed nodded again.

"You look tired, Zed." Dunrik was right. She was tired and her head was starting to hurt. Dunrik then got off the bed and stood next to Aunt Dis.

"Thanks, Dunrik," said Zed. Dunrik smiled then he walked out of the room, leaving Zed and Aunt Dis in the room.

"Go to sleep, Zedra," said Aunt Dis. Her voice was calming and it made Zed want to fall asleep at once. It wasn't too long before she closed her eyes and entered a place where Aunt Dis's calming voice was not heard.