Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Many days passed by and nothing significant happened. Tedv and Zedra fought, Zed's hand started to heal, Tedv finished his painting and started another, Zedra went to work and Dunrik didn't come over. But Zedra still worried if they where talking about her.

But why? The same thought came over Zedra.

One afternoon Zed was sitting at the dining table, thinking. Tedv was in his room and Aunt Dis was cooking. Zedra suddenly thought about what Aunt Dis and Dunrik were always talking about. Then it came to her: why not ask Aunt Dis? Sure she probably wouldn't answer or make Zed do something but if she came up with something to make her tell her... What about her parents? She didn't know much about them, only that they had died and her mother was Aunt Dis' sister. She also had a special necklace her mother had given her before she died. The chain was silver and the pendant was a spiral shell with a pearl inside it. Zed was quite fond of it.

"Aunt Dis, what happened to my parents?" Zed asked. Aunt Dis immediately stoped cooking and turned to face her. Zed saw Aunt Dis' eyes water as she turned back to look at the wall. She looked very shocked and extremely sad.

"Zedra darling, that is a very emotional question," Aunt Dis sighed, "All in good time you will find out what happened to your mother and father and who they are. It's a complicated thing, and you will find out what happened to them soon." Zed oped her mouth to protest but Aunt Dis was already talking, "Don't you need to go to work?" Aunt Dis was right. Zedra stood up from the table and headed to the door. She then opened the door and grabbed her bike then she rode to the market.

As she rode there she thought about what Aunt Dis had said.

It's a complicated thing, and you will find out what happened to them very soon, Zedra thought. Those where Aunt Dis' exact words. But what does it mean? She kept asking herself. Maybe she would ask Dunrik about it, but maybe she shouldn't. Was it private? Zed had so many questions and no one who could answer them.

Look out! Came a voice in her mind. Zedra looked in front of her and saw a large rock on the path. Zed turned sharply to miss it but she turned too sharply. Her bike fell sideways and sent Zedra flying off. She rolled down a hill that rolled down to the beach. No matter how hard Zed tried she couldn't stop herself from falling down the hill. She tumbled down and down the hill until she reached the beach. Zed saw a figure arise from the water as she groaned. And then she only saw black.