Chapter 8

I'm so sorry, school has been totally wrecking my life right now. I just don't have that much free time to update anymore, sorry.

~*~

Chapter 8

Violet's POV

I couldn't look at her without feeling guilty. It's all my fault that Lucy's an undead. If I didn't run off, perhaps she would have still been the little cute Lucy we all met.

She hadn't been able to bite me yet but I was beginning to get tired. I have been trying to get away from her these past minutes and I still wasn't able to get away. I didn't have it in me to kill her.... Yet.

As I took a glance at Geanine, I tripped over my own feet and fell onto my back. I let out a small groan and sit up. Just as I sit up, Lucy pounces onto me and fall back onto my back again.

"Violet don't let her bite you!" Christian yelled.

At this, I had to roll my eyes.

"I know that bro! It wasn't like I was going to LET her bite me!"

Christian's POV

I shook my head at her and gritted my teeth. Here I was, just standing here, not being able to help her all because Geanine threatened to shoot us if we helped her. I let out a soft sigh and took a quick glance around.

Smirking slightly I tapped Geanine on the shoulder.

"Hey Geanine!"

She turned her head to look at me and all I saw was a smug face.

I pointed to an area. "I saw Bryan head over there, maybe you should go check on him."

Geanine bit her lip then glared at Alex. "You go check on him then come right back."

Alex shook his head, "I am not leaving."

She pointed the gun at him again, "Go. Now."

He glanced at me then back to Geanine. He turned on his heels and grumbled something before heading in the direction I had pointed.

I ran a hand through my hair and let out a long sigh. Damn, I thought that would have distracted her. I glanced towards my sister and Lucy and saw that Violet had gotten off the floor and was continuing to stay away from Lucy.

"Geez Geanine, let me help my sister!"

Geanine stayed quiet and just watched them.

I sat down and just held my head in my hands. What else could I do?

A few seconds passed and there was a loud scream that rang through the store. I bolted to my feet and looked around. Geanine cocked her gun and gritted her teeth.

Alyson was running towards us and behind her were two zombies. Geanine aimed at the zombies and was able to shoot one of them in the head. She wasn't able to get the other one and it jumped onto her.

I reacted and tackled the zombie off her then pushed the zombie away. She was able to shoot it in the head and I let out a heavy sigh.

There was another scream and I turned my head to where it came from.

My eyes widened when I saw Violet getting bitten by Lucy on the shoulder.