Chapter 9

Hey guys! I am back! I only have one exam left then I'm free! :P 

~*~

Chapter 9

Violet screamed loudly and tried to push Lucy away from her shoulder. She could feel Lucy rip out a chunk of her shoulder as she continued to push Lucy away. 

Lucy finally got up from her and growled lowly. Violet's eyes widened as she stared at Lucy.

Suddenly, there was a loud gunshot and Lucy fell to the ground. Violet turned to where the shot came from and saw Alyson holding a gun. 

Alyson was visably shaking and Violet noticed that Geanine was on the floor, unconscious. 

I guess Alyson did that... was what Violet thought.  

Alyson dropped the gun and began crying. Christian ran to Alyson and wrapped his arms around her. Alex was already making his way over to Violet. 

She put a hand to her bleeding shoulder and looked at Lucy's unmoving body. Alex pulled off his shirt and put the cloth to her bleeding shoulder.

"Keep this on that wound while I look for something better" and with that Alex ran off. 

Violet did as she was told and kept the cloth on her shoulder. She glanced over at Alyson and Christian. Her brother was looking at her with sad eyes. 

She shook her head and looked away. She sat down on the ground and let out a heavy breath. 

What's going to happen now... How long until...until I turn into one of those things...

Violet was brought out of her thoughts when Alex squatted down in front of her. He held up some alcohol and other supplies. He frowned slightly and held up the alcohol. He took the cloth off her shoulder and poured the alcohol on it. She gritted her teeth in pain and she tried to not scream. 

"Sorry..." he murmured.

He continued what he was doing until he was finished and her wound was properly bandaged. 

"You'll be okay... You'll be alright.." He whispered but Violet didn't know if he was talking to her or convincing himself that she wouldn't turn into a freaking zombie. 

Alex helped Violet up and she swayed slightly. He wrapped an arm around her while she draped an arm over his neck. She used him as support as they headed over to where Alyson and Christian were. 

Violet looked at them but her vision began to blur. She blinked a couple of times to try and focus but it didn't work. She breathed heavily and Alex set her down. 

"She's going to be one of them.." Christian murmured. Alyson shook her head, "No way! No!" 

Violet laid down and closed her eyes. She drifted off into darkness.

Alex turned to Christian and shook his head, "We don't know that! For all we know she could...she could be immune.." 

Christian let out a breath, "Come on man. No one is immune to a bite from one of those things.." 

"You have to hope.." Alyson whispered. "We have to... to stay positive! We have to try and find a cure for her!"

"If there is a cure" Christian muttered. 

Alex sat next to Violet and stroked her hair, "We can't give up on her... We have to do everything to help her..." 

Violet stirred slightly and let out a soft breath. All of them turned to her.

She slowly opened her eyes and everyone gasped. 

Her right eye was her beautiful ocean blue colour while her left was blood shot like a zombie.