Chapter 2

- Chapter 2 -

Alex is really nice. I found out that he's in the same grade as me, he's in the football team, he's the star athlete of his school. Well, he was the star athlete of his school.

He has offered to carry me on his back when I got tired of walking, but I didn't take the offer.

I've seen Alyson eyeing him sometimes. I find it kind of funny but there's this feeling inside me, like I'm jealous or something. I shake my head usually to just ignore the feeling.

Right now, we were all just walking down the road looking for somewhere safe to stay.

We see a big house up ahead and we rush to it. We walk inside and split up to look around. My weapon is a handgun. Alex had given it to me while we had talked.

We all met back at the door and said that everything was clear. We also found out that there was two bathrooms and three bedrooms.

They discussed who was going to stay in a room with who, I didn't really care so I just waited for them to finish talking.

"Hey Vi" Alyson walks up to me and says.

I smile, "So I'm staying with you?"

She shakes her head and I raise an eyebrow.

"So who am I staying with...???" I question her.

She grins and points to Alex. My eyes widen and my jaw drops. "H-hold o-o-on! W-w-w-why a-am I s-staying with h-h-him?!"

Christian is the one who answers, "Cause he can protect you."

"B-but you can protect me too!"

He rubs the back of his neck and smiles somewhat sheepishly. He whispers in my ear, "I umm kinda want to stay in a room with Alyson..."

I look at him in shock and see that he's blushing slightly. I giggle and nod, "Oh okay! Totally get it."

Alyson tilts her head to the side, "What did he say?" I shake my head and say in a a sing-song voice, "Nothing~"

She looks at him and he smiles at her. She blushes and I blink. Then a thought hits me. I pull her away from Christian and ask, "Do you like Alex?"

She shakes her head, "No.."

"Do you like Christian?"

She blushes again, "Y-yes...just a little" I gasp dramatically and giggle. "You seriously like my brother" she nods still blushing.

Then I gasp again, "If you two get married, you'll be my sister-in-law!!!!" I exclaim. This comment making her red as a tomato.

Right at this moment, I feel like everything is back to normal.

Then suddenly a scream brings me back to reality. I know that the person who screamed was Alyson, but why?

My eyes widen when I see a pack of zombies rushing towards the house. I hold up the handgun and shoot. I didn't hit any of them.

Man do I suck at aiming...

Christian is hitting the zombies in the head when they pass through the door and our dad is trying to find a weapon.

Alyson is standing next to me just watching. Just like what I was doing.

I look around and realize that Alex isn't anywhere to be seen. Where could he be? Then I feel an arm around my waist. My eyes widen and I turn to see a zombie. I stare at the zombie with wide eyes.

It was a teenage male. He was pretty tall, he towered over me. He had blood all over his face and his cheek was missing.

I scream out for help and Alyson tries to pull him away from me. He doesn't budge and makes a move to bite me. But he doesn't because Alex shoots him in the head.

I look at Alex and see that he's holding the handgun he gave me. I blink and look at my hand. The gun wasn't there, I wonder when he took it off me.

He pulls the zombie away from me and I fall to the floor. Alyson is kneeling by my side and Alex is standing over me. I blink then shake my head.

"Are you alright?" He asks as he shoots a little girl who's charging at him. I wince when her body falls to the floor and nod. "Yeah"

Alyson helps me up and he says, "Alyson, take her into a room and both of you stay there."

She nods and takes a hold of my hand. We run to a room and let out a breath. We sit on the bed and she says, "They'll be okay, right?" I nod my head, "Yeah, of course they will be.."

All we hear are growls, snarls, screams, yells and gunshots.

I jump when I hear Christian yell, "No!" then followed by a gunshot. I bite my lip. Wonder what happened...

As minutes passed, it was getting more and more quiet. Then once it was completely quiet, Alyson and I looked at each other before we left the room.

I hesitantly make my way back to where I thought they still were and jump when someone taps my shoulder.

"Sorry..."

I turn to look at Alex and shake my head, "It's alright.." I raise an eyebrow when he looks at me in a sad and apologetic way.

"W-what's wrong...?"

He points in a direction and I turn my head to see what he's pointing at. I gasp and bring a hand to my mouth.

"No.."

My brother was kneeling next to our father who looks dead. He had blood falling down the side of his face and his clothes were really bloody. "Is he..." I whisper.

"No, he got bitten though..." Alex murmurs.

Tears begin to stream down my face and Alyson pulls me into a hug. She hugs me more tightly when I begin to sob. "Th-this can't be happening... f-first mum th-then dad..."

She strokes my hair. "Shhh... shh..." I hug her as a cry into her shoulder. Then I hear Alex whisper something to her but I don't hear what he says.

He walks off and I hear dad say, "Take care of her..."

"I will..."

Then Alyson covers my ears, muffling the sound of a gunshot. A sob escapes me when I realize what just happened. Alex shot my dad.

I feel my knees beginning to shake and then strong arms wrap around me. I look at Alyson who has her arms by her side and a small smile on her face then I look at Alex who has his arms around me.

"Everything will be alright Violet..." He mumbles. Alyson walks away from us and to my brother.

Alex carries me and brings me into a room. He sets me down on the bed. "Get some rest..." then turns to leave.

"Wait..." I manage to say.

He turns back around, "Yes..?"

I look at him then look away, "Please don't leave me..." I lay down and rest my head on a pillow.

I hear his footsteps coming towards the bed then the bed sinks down a little when he sits down. I glance at him and he gives me a small smile which makes me blush.

I turn onto my side, facing away from him. I hear him chuckle softly and I shake my head. I look out the window and see that it's dark outside. I sigh softly.

"Night.." I mutter.

He kisses my head which causes me to blush furiously, "Night Violet..."

I close my eyes and drift to sleep.