Chapter 10

Giles sat back at his desk at home reading more about Catherine's time as the Slayer. A slight breeze came from the window. He walked to closing the window but when he turned himself back looking at the couch he stood awe struck. The woman sat comfortably on one of the cushions dressed in a white shirt and a dark leather jacket. He short black hair curved her face softly. It was Jenny.

"Hello Rupert," she said, matter of factly.

"Jenny?!" Giles exclaimed feeling tears welling up steaming down his face through his words.

"Rupert, please don't," she said, raising her hand.

"Is it...?"

"Really me? Yes or at least the last time I checked."

"How?"

Giles stared on furrowing his eyebrows in exasperated amazement.

"It would take too long to explain but that's not important now. You and Buffy need to know what else there is at stake."

"There is something else going on?"

"Yes. There is more to just stopping Miller. It's about Catherine."

"Catherine's spirit warned Buffy the first time Miller tried attacking her."

"Is Buffy okay?"

"Yes she's fine," he said thankfully. "What are we missing?"

"It's her spirit, Rupert. Her soul has been trapped with Miller's ever since she died."

"She couldn't pass on?"

"Unfortunately no because when he stabbed her with his sword he lost his window of opportunity. As a result Hecate struck him down."

She sat up from the couch like she had floated up.

"If you all can stop him she can finally rest in peace."

Giles went over to his desk setting his glasses down.

"This is important but how did you....?"

He spoke as he turned to see no one there. Jenny was gone.

At home after patrol Buffy heard a late knock at the door. She opened it to see Michael standing on her front porch.

"Michael, hi," she said. "What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in to talk?"

"Sure."

Buffy stepped away opening the door wide letting Michael slowly walk into the foray.

"I'm really not intruding."

"No, so what is going on?"

She closed the door and walked with him into the living room. Buffy moved Michael over to the couch and sat beside him.

"I wanted to let you know I understand now from today."

"You took some time to think about it?"

"Yes and I probably should apololigize for the way I acted towards you. It was wrong and I am sorry."

"No, it's perfectly okay," she said in a reassuring tone. "It's not every day you get the shock of someone telling you they're a vampire slayer."

"Good because I still like you and I would like for us to stay the same where we are."

"Absolutely, totally."

"However, I've gotten this feeling that there has been something else going on with you."