Chapter 6

After Buffy and Giles collected weapons and whatever else that were strewn about the library Buffy spoke up.

"It was her Giles. I swear it was," she said sitting down next to Giles at the table.

"The woman from your dreams?"

"Yes, and she warned me. Oh and she mentioned the name of the man who tried to attack me."

"What was it?" Giles asked curiously.

"Miller."

"Miller?"

Buffy could see right after she said that name Giles went into his thinking mode.

"Giles, speak."

"There is a reference to a Miller in one of the books."

He went to the small shelves that sat below the rest of the upstairs aisles.

Giles paged through the book stopping on an old looking full portrait of a man and pointed.

"Is this the man you saw?"

Buffy looked at the details on his face.

"Yup, that's the intruder. Who is he?"

"His name was Joshua Miller. He was a Massachusetts colony native during the 1650's. He got heavily involved into the black arts until he became a very powerful warlock. A powerful warlock at the time for the most part."

"What happened to him?"

"He died of unexplained circumstances. That is all the book says."

"He knew I was the Slayer."

"He did?"

"Yes, and he didn't act very friendly."

"He knew you were the Slayer?"

Giles' eyes widened when he realized he was missing something important.

"William Hatsford."

"Who is William Hatsford?"

"Hatsford was Catherine Richard's Watcher."

"A past Slayer?"

"Yes, of course. In his journal he recorded that Catherine had stopped Miller from sacrificing a young girl. He died somehow but unfortunately she with him in the process."

"So that explains who she is?" a familiar voice said from the balcony. Both looked up to see Angel standing above them.

"Angel," Buffy said.

"I saw her ghost too." he said walking down the stairs over to the study table.

"So it's her spirit that is haunting?"

"Yes, however, we still need to find out why they are here?"

Buffy looked down further at the picture to notice something he carried in his hand against his body.

"Giles." she announced, "isn't that?"

"What is it, Buffy?" Angel asked.

Inside the backdoor Joshua rematerialized listening to the faint conversation. Giles looked on with Buffy noticing what she saw.

"Good Lord, the grimiore."

"So the book belongs to him?" Buffy questioned.

"Looks that way."

"So he dies right along with her."

"Now he's here to get his book back?" Angel asked.

"I am definitely going to look through the grimiore more."