Chapter 5

In the morning Buffy and Willow walked towards the front steps of school talking.

"What did he say?" Willow said surprised.

"He said there is some new evil brewing in town."

"Did he say what it was?"

"Doesn't have a clue," she said. "I am going to tell Giles the news."

Xander came walking trailing up beside Willow.

"What news?" he said.

"Trouble," Willow answered.

"What a surprise. It's another day in good old Sunnydale," he said then directing his attention to Buffy. "How do you know there is trouble about?"

"Angel told me."

"Dead boy again."

"Xander, you know how Angel hates being called that," Willow answered.

"I know."

Buffy has always known Xander wasn't the biggest supporter of Angel. No one could blame him for feeling the way he did. Before walking in the door Buffy turned her head around feel for a moment that it seemed something had touched her back slightly. It was the same type of feeling she had before of being watched. After a minute she shook it off and went inside believing it was just herself worrying too much.

Across the street under the shade of trees the blonde clothed man stood and observed. He carefully memorized the Slayer and her two companions faces. She was short for one who was supposed to be so powerful, but he remembered that looks could always be deceiving. His intentions became stronger.

"So you say Angel received a warning?" Giles asked Buffy in the library.

"Yes, although he said he doesn't have an idea what could be happening."

Buffy became lost in thought for a few moments pondering.

"Buffy, what are you thinking?"

"Do you think that Angel's warnings could have anything to do with the dreams I've been having?"

"Quite possibly. I mean it's not too much of a leap to think that two things are connected in some way especially here."

"Right, you have a point," she said grudgingly.

Angel wished he had more to go on to tell Buffy. Whistler was too cryptic whenever he was around him. However, he needed to go with whatever he told him and follow it. It worried him to think what he was referring to.

During the day he started to practice more of his Tai Chi. He found solace in it. It helped to keep his mind centered and focused. Angel had learned the art many years ago in Asia during his many travels in the last hundred years.

When he slowly began another movement he realized he wasn't by himself. He looked around to see no one but himself in the main room. A bright light emanated from outside shining brightly even through the covered up windows.

He approached the window peering to stare outside into the garden keeping away from any rays of sunlight that would burn him. He saw a girl walking into his line of sight. She had a kind of aura around her body. She glanced around seeing the flower beds and hanging gardens that adorned the space.

Angel recognized the dress of clothes she wore. It was unmistakably colonial. As he continued to see her circle the garden a bright burst of light reached from her body and she vanished. His face was puzzled.

                                                 **********

In the girls locker room Cordelia was busy playing with her in front of the mirror. He mind was occupied with the senior prom.